What are you watching?

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris
By the way... Barbarians. Romans speaking Latin. It's unprecedented, isn't it? I wish they weren't the bad guys...

I long for more Roman content. Unfortunately there will never be a tv series or a film with Romans speaking Latin (unless they're the vilains, and the good guys of the plot are Barbarians speaking German so the (German) audience can relate to...).

There's an Italian series coming, about Romulus, but it will be in Italian, as it should, because the god knows what sort of proto Latin those people spoke back then!

Adrian

Civis Illustris

meisenimverbis

Civis Illustris
Oh... No one will see my list! It fell on the last page... Sad. :think:

____

I've finished Queen's Gambit, by the way. It's pretty rare for me to binge watch. Which means I liked it a lot. I'll see it again, once a week, now. Fridays, 9pm. It deserves the Friday.

Last edited:

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I'm watching a documentary series on pompous cathedrals (as Bitmap calls them :p ).

I'm on this episode right now:

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I've never really been convinced of the "for the glory of God" argument myself.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I don't know. It probably played a part, but it was probably a bit for the glory of men, too.

Whosever glory they were built for, though, they are indeed glorious.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I'm watching a documentary series on pompous cathedrals (as Bitmap calls them :p ).

I'm on this episode right now:

Why are you sad, Bitmap?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Oh, come on, man. Not really.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I am watching Le pacte des loups. Great action adventure movie.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I'm watching a documentary series on pompous cathedrals
I'm not, because it's unavailable here. Most likely I wouldn't have watched it if it were possible, because although I would visit a cathedral and be impressed by it, I probably watch a fraction of the videos most others do. But the fact that it's blocked almost makes me want to see it. Where was it produced?

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Like last time, it's a British production and I guess that's why it's blocked for Brits because you guys are supposed to pay for it or something.

The episode I posted above is about Salisbury cathedral. There's another episode about Winchester and one about York Minster, both of which I watched before the Salisbury one. Then there's one about Durham, which I've started watching. There are six episodes in total, so two more, but I haven't yet looked which cathedrals they're about. Surely Canterbury will be one.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
It doesn't seem to have any subtitles at all. Why is Salisbury Cathedral popular with the Russians?

Quintilianus

Civis Illustris
This guy's original channel is in French but he's currently translating it all in his englosh one.
His visualizations are really good.