What are you watching?

Adrian

Civis Illustris
Right now: 80s Hongkong action movie "Iron Angels" 1987 (with german dubbing)
Full movie free on youtube

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Looks interesting, and something I might watch if life weren't indeed too short.

J.M

I'm thinking about watching the next movie of Alien (Alien 4) tonight, anyone seen any of the Alien movies??
J.M

Issacus Divus

ᛏᚱᛁᚾᚴᚱ•ᚼᛁᛘᛘᛁᚾᛋ
I'm now interested in that history show "Vikings".

Issacus Divus

ᛏᚱᛁᚾᚴᚱ•ᚼᛁᛘᛘᛁᚾᛋ

W-t-f am I seeing? I need to sleep. Good Lord.

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
:D

Watching the late great Labour rhetorician Peter Shore on the dangers posed by an EU led Project Fear (even way back then). A stonking speech, though I'd prefer to not have background music in the clip.

Greece v Rome. Boris v Beard! I can't believe I've not come across this until today. Putting it on now as I begin work so can't comment on it but thought it worth a link here.

Absit invidia and with a heavy heart I've thrown my pebble into the greek urn. I shall at once make to temple and there give libations to Jove and purge these hellenic sentiments in me.

A bloody entertaining debate, guys and worth a watch if you've time.

Quintilianus

As for the argument : it seems way easier to defend greece than rome.
I haven't watched it entirely but in rome's defence I would have pointed out that if greece gave us rome, rome gave us greece, that it also gave us, quite paradoxically at first glance and a sensitive point for an englishman I should say, independance, aside, of course, law and administration.

What is the letter of a prostitute Mary Beard spoke about ?
Do you know the author ? I'm afraid it eludes me.
Ah, the philosopher and the prosititue, I've no idea but it was fantastic. I meant to go back to that specific narration and find out. I think it was from Seneca but without relistening I can't say for certain.