What are you watching?

Quintilianus

Ah, the philosopher and the prosititue, I've no idea but it was fantastic. I meant to go back to that specific narration and find out. I think it was from Seneca but without relistening I can't say for certain.
I seem to remember her saying it was a third century a.d. text but I may be wrong and have no time to go through it again now.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
This is why I rarely watch videos, and I don't understand why they're such a popular medium nowadays, at least when there's not much point to the visuals. With a transcript you could find the reference in seconds on a computer; even in the olden days you could flip through a few sheets of actual paper fairly quickly.

(I haven't watched the one in question yet, and don't know if I will, what with having more than enough of BJ elsewhere.)

Quintilianus

This highlitghts nicely the limits of such a debate.
Rome is inextricably linked to greece and classical greek culture. You can't completely put one on a side and the other facing it. Rome isn't just Rome, it's Rome and Greece.
Reminds me of the feeling I had when first reading the Iliad and then the Odyssey : this last one keeps reminding you of the first book.

Quintilianus

This is why I rarely watch videos, and I don't understand why they're such a popular medium nowadays, at least when there's not much point to the visuals. With a transcript you could find the reference in seconds on a computer; even in the olden days you could flip through a few sheets of actual paper fairly quickly.

(I haven't watched the one in question yet, and don't know if I will, what with having more than enough of BJ elsewhere.)
Here's a good one justified by good visuals.
The quality of this channel can hardly be exaggerated.

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I started watching Amazon's tv series The Boys.
Must admit this tv show is quite good. I can recommend it.

Issacus Divus

ᛏᚱᛁᚾᚴᚱ•ᚼᛁᛘᛘᛁᚾᛋ
Just a bit is spoken between 8:00-9:00.

Looking forward to watching this one of the weekends. Quite partial to folk horror on the rare occasion one is made.