• For signature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other, please specify

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

Just out of curiousity, those of you who came into this forum while looking for a latin phrase translation, what did you need that translation for?

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Well, I didn't come here looking for a Latin phrase, but I will still answer:)
All my forum signatures have Latin quotations in them, I find them sounding stronger than the English ones. I know I am a show-off :roll:
And while I was still taking Latin I was constantly looking for specific phrase translations, from Cicero for example (some people here will understand the pain...)

Kaya

Akela dixit:
Well, I didn't come here looking for a Latin phrase, but I will still answer:)
OK, then I should be allowed to participate too :) Sorry, Sa Seba, we are breaking your poll system :twisted:
I'm constantly looking for translations for school...

Sa Seba

Consularis

• Consularis

Kaya dixit:
Sorry, Sa Seba, we are breaking your poll system :twisted:
I'm constantly looking for translations for school...
:evil:
hm, we don't have any emoticons yet that are able to express my feelings completely.....

honestly, thanx for participation ;)

Klea

I am a Roman history enthusiast, and so am interested in Latin, which was never offered as a course at any of the schools I attended.

I got hold of a couple of books of poetry that are half in Latin and half with the English translations. I want to learn how to read them without needing the translations.

For another reason, I enjoy writing stories and poetry. I also enjoy using Latin in titles. They seem more apt and meaningful than English titles, which can be misinterpreted or shallow.

And finally: It's fun! :D

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Welcome to the forums Klea:)

dojo

It was mostly for school stuff. My language, Romanian, comes from latin too so we're having a huge part of our vocabulary heavy influenced by Latin. No need to use phrases to make people think we're smarter. Anyway .. loved some of them: "nosce te ipsum", "mens sana in corpore sano", "carpe diem" .. I try to lead my life through them.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

bigz dixit:
Curiosity Killed The Cat, which is me.
BigZ
Studium interfecit felem.
Just in case anyone was curious.

It is amazing how many different words for verb "to kill" did Romans have.. I barely managed to make up my mind on just one.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Claudius dixit:
The one on the right looks like he is poking on the left :) Faaaar from fencing