What Latin phrases do you use or overuse in daily life?

Lucius Aelius

Linguistics Hippie
Rather fond of dropping suum cuique and de gustibus non est disputandum.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Mutatis Mutandis ran in a race at Nottingham yesterday. Despite being 12/1, it had been napped by one tipster, so I gave it a second look. It had a bad draw, though, and other journalists stressed the difficulty of overcoming this.

I don't do sucker bets. Instead I backed another horse, in another race, because the trainer had an amazing record at the course, thinking it was a solid each-way proposition in a 10-horse race. It came seventh. Mutatis Mutandis hadn't read the Racing Post, so didn't know she didn't have much of a chance from that stall, and won her race. I hate horses sometimes.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Always a guessing game when a trainer's got three entered in the race. It came fourth, with O'Meara's other horses in first and third place.

Westcott

Civis Illustris
Only just noticed it - Ripon 2110 today - In Vino Veritas
(Which probably is an overused Latin phrase, which is what this thread is supposed to be about)

AmericanOrpheus

I often mutter to myself "Memento homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris." This is a Latin phrase I learned from the Sermao de Quarta-feria de cinzas. I was immediately struck by its poignancy and beauty.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I've just remembered I say non omnia possumus omnes quite a lot, due to general incompetence. Also, forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
This morning my family was quibbling (as usual) over whether oatmeal was delicious or disgusting. Weary of the whole business, I finally announced to all and sundry: "De gustibus non est disputandum!"

That shut them up, good and proper. ;)

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
It's handy if you run out of wallpaper paste. I've never understood why people eat it, when raw oats with milk/yoghurt is so much nicer. And less work in the morning.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
It's handy if you run out of wallpaper paste. I've never understood why people eat it, when raw oats with milk/yoghurt is so much nicer. And less work in the morning.
Because it happens to be delicious. That's just the way it is. :p

malleolus

Civis Illustris
At crucial (and not-so crucial moments) during oral exams I go for Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.

malleolus

Civis Illustris
Fortes fortuna iuvat always comes in handy as well.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima
At crucial (and not-so crucial moments) during oral exams I go for Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.
You make your students do oral exams in Latin? That sounds nervewracking... :(