Wild beast of the forest / hope from the forest / whisper from the forest

inkanddirt

Thank you all for hosting such a comprehensive forum! I have several english concepts I would like to try to translate into latin as part of both a creative writing and forestry project. Specifically, three things I've been attempting:

• Wild beast of the forest (feminine) --> fera silvae ?
  • Hope that comes from or is inspired by the forest --> spes silvae?
  • A whisper that comes from the forest (I mean this one more metaphorically than literally. "Knowledge" or "wisdom" feel both more pretentious and totalizing than what I intend here, hence an initial attempt with "whisper") --> ?

I'd also be happy to donate to the forum, but didn't see an obvious link (I'm new here). If anyone wanted to post that with your reply, would love to put some thanks in the coffee kitty -- much appreciated!

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hello,

1) Wild beast of the forest (feminine) --> fera silvae - OK; you can also say fera silvana or bestia silvana (forrest beast, forest wild animal)

2) Hope that comes from or is inspired by the forest --> Spes silvana origine - woodland origin hope; Spes quae e silva oritur- hope that comes from forrest

3) A whisper that comes from the forest (I mean this one more metaphorically than literally. "Knowledge" or "wisdom" feel both more pretentious and totalizing than what I intend here, hence an initial attempt with "whisper") : Silvae susurrus - whisper of the forest;
arbores loquentes (following Vergils pines loquentes) or argutum nemus - rustling grove.