Without a Name, Without a Face

jamesbrown1

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, and an extra special thanks to all who contribute answers. I am currently working on a short story which makes mention of a cult whos members place the highest importance on complete anonymity, both between members and obviously extending to the outside world, and I would love to use a Latin phrase that essentially means 'Without a name, Without a face' or something very similar as part of their emblem. I'm aware of the phrase 'Sine nomine', which according to my limited knowledge means 'without a name' and can be used when someone's name is unknown, and my Google-informed guess as to how to complete the phrase was 'Sine nomine, sine faciem', but I obviously don't know enough about this beautiful language to know whether that's even close to correct. If I need to select a gender, as per the guidelines, I would select male. A few variations on the source phrase, in case it helps to get better results, could be :

Without a name, without a face
Without name, without face
Without names, without faces

Thanks so much for your time once again, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

- James

D

Deleted member 13757

sine nomine, sine facie
sine nominibus, sine faciebus

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Not a direct translation but would this work?
nec nomen nec facies

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

a cult whos members place the highest importance on complete anonymity, both between members and obviously extending to the outside world, and I would love to use a Latin phrase that essentially means 'Without a name, Without a face' or something very similar as part of their emblem. I
Apart what LCF and Cinefactus provided:
1) Without a name - nomine carens; innominat|us -a -um; anonymus ἀνώνυμος (anonumos - nameless)
2) Without a face - facie carens; vultu deficiens; ἀπρόσωπος (aprospos - without a face)