Wolf Among The Sheep, Guardian of the Cross

A

Anonymous

I was wondering if someone could attempt to translate a few phrases for me. They are

A Wolf Among The Sheep

Born Servant Of The Cross

and

Guardian (or Protector) Of The Cross

Thanks In Advance

Tullia

A Wolf Among The Sheep - lupus apud oves
Born Servant Of The Cross - does 'born' here imply 'inborn'? In this case: crucis innatus servus (male servant)
Guardian (or Protector) Of The Cross - protector crucis (praeses crucis)

I have to warn that I simply did a translation on the above sentences - I did not look for versions most commonly used in the Christian world. There are several different words that can be used for word 'guardian/protector'. My translations may not be using most 'usual words for these sentences.

I just wanted to warn you, even though none of this may be important to you.

A

Anonymous

Thank you kindly... The last one was not as important as the first two so it really is not a big deal... but thank you for the translations

Just one question for something like Avenger Of Innocent (as in to right the wrongs done to them) ... I have the following definitions of Avenger from a website and not sure which would be correct

punitor -oris m. [punisher , avenger].
ultor -oris m. [avenger , punisher].

vindex -icis c. [a claimant or protector; an avenger , punisher].

I am not sure which would fit for innocent either...
immerens -entis [not deserving , innocent].

immeritus -a -um act. [not deserving (punishment) , innocent]; pass., [undeserved]; adv. immerito, [undeservedly].

innocens -entis [harmless , inoffensive, blameless]; adv. innocenter.

innoxius -a -um act. [harmless , innocent]; pass. [unhurt, unharmed].

insons -sontis [innocent , guiltless, harmless].

and suggestions would be appreciated (even alternatives would be great)

Jordana

punitor has 'punisher' as its first meaning, so either ultor or vindex would fit here better. ultor - probably better than others.

English word 'innocent' came from innocens, innocentis. Therefore, if you choose this word, you will get very close to what 'innocent' means in our language. However, immerens, immeritus, insons would fit well too. innoxius seems to have a little different meaning.

Anyway, 'avenger of innocent' would be 'ultor innocentium' or 'innocentium ultor'.