Wreck.

R. Seltza

Magnus Oculus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Obliterate.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

According to a tweet I've just seen, ბაჯბაჯებს is the sound a bear's feet make. Unfortunately, Google Translate claims it means 'bats', although it confirms the pronunciation as something that would be onomatopoeic if it could refer to bear's feet. Trying to get more information via the internet isn't all that easy unless you can do more with the Georgian script than admire the way it looks, and I can't. Come back, Imperfacundus, nothing is forgiven.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Incidentally, and because I'm pedantic about these things, that was an allusion to what Dorothy Parker said at the end of one of the reviews that she wrote while filling in for the normal author, Robert Benchley, reversing the cliché 'come back, everything is forgiven' that people supposedly wrote to errant spouses and the like. As was another remark that Pacifica read, about liking an appreciative audience. Normally I don't worry unduly about references that everyone might not know, assuming that some will and some won't, but in the case of Pacifica at least I'm concerned she might come across the original sometime and think 'ah, that's where it was nicked from'.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Not just. I don't think sperno is an onomatopoeia... or is it?

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

What sounds like its meaning and isn’t an onomatopoeia?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Even more the form spreveris.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I’m confused now...what makes it classify as a non-onomatopoeia?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

An onomatopoeia is a word that was formed by imitation of a (non-verbal) sound. I don't think this was the case with sperno but I could be wrong.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Is it? I found this definition:
onomatopœia is the process of creating a word that phonetically imitates, resembles, or suggests the sound that it describes.

Wikipedia lists “tik tok” as one.

B

Bitmap

A word can sound like its meaning but not imitate an actual sound (although that may be slightly subjective of course).

Another example: Plumbum sounds like what it means to me, but it's not an imitation of a sound.