You only do it once?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Let's see what they'll make of this nice Apuleius sentence:

Ego denique vespera, dum polentae caseatae modico secus offulam grandiorem in convivas aemulus contruncare gestio, mollitie cibi glutinosi faucibus inhaerentis et meacula spiritus distinentis minimo minus interii.

Google Translate:

I finally evening, while barley caseatae little less meat larger rival contruncare want to eat, food glutinous taste inherent softness and meacula spirit distinentis little less undoing.

Intertran:

I at last evening prayer , until pearl barley caseatae moderate wrongly offulam grandiorem upon to overcome aemulus contruncare to to long to , gently cibi glutinosi faucibus inhaerentis and meacula breath distinentis in the least degree little to slay.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

How about Tacitus:
INPUT: Postquam Bruto et Cassio caesis nulla iam publica arma, Pompeius apud Siciliam oppressus exutoque Lepido, interfecto Antonio ne Iulianis quidem partibus nisi Caesar dux reliquus, posito triumviri nomine consulem se ferens et ad tuendam plebem tribunicio iure contentum, ubi militem donis, populum annona, cunctos dulcedine otii pellexit, insurgere paulatim, munia senatus magistratuum legum in se trahere, nullo adversante, cum ferocissimi per acies aut proscriptione cecidissent, ceteri nobilium, quanto quis servitio promptior, opibus et honoribus extollerentur ac novis ex rebus aucti tuta et praesentia quam vetera et periculosa mallent.

GOOGLETRAN: After the destruction of Brutus and Cassius there was no longer any army of the Commonwealth, when Pompeius was crushed in Sicily with Lepidus pushed aside and Antonius slain, even the Julian faction had only Caesar left to lead it, was a Consul, and was satisfied with a tribune's authority for the protection of the people, over the soldiers with gifts, the populace with cheap corn, all the the sweets of repose, to rise up by degrees, to himself the functions of the senate of the magistrates of the laws, without any opposition, for the boldest spirits had fallen in battle, or in the proscription, the rest of the nobles, the readier to be slaves, wealth and promotion, the safety of the present to be lifted up and out of the things the new and dangerous preferred. (somewhat OK)

INTERTRAN: After the destruction of Brutus and Metal helmet warm springs was to swim far any army of the Commonwealth when Pompeius was shin upon Sicily with Charming pushed aside and Antonius slain , to come to pass the Julian artificial fueram only Caesar left to lead it was a Magistrate and was satisfied with a tribune's authority say the protection of the people over the soldiers with gifts the devastation with cheap horns all the the sweets of to creep to rise up by degrees to himself the functions of the of senatorial of the magistrates of the laws without any to set against , say the boldest breath fueram to deceive upon to beat or upon the proscription the it remains of the nobles the readier to be slaves wealth and push forward the safety of the moneor to be lifted up and out of the things the new and dangerous anticipate. (awful)

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

Haha. I tried giving it one of Catullus' more indecent pieces (XCVII):

INPUT:
Non (ita me di ament) quicquam referre putavi,
utrumne os an culum olfacerem Aemilio.
nilo mundius hoc, nihiloque immundius illud,
verum etiam culus mundior et melior:
nam sine dentibus est. hic dentis sesquipedalis,
gingivas vero ploxeni habet veteris,
praeterea rictum qualem diffissus in aestu
meientis mulae cunnus habere solet.
hic futuit multas et se facit esse venustum,
et non pistrino traditur atque asino?
quem siqua attingit, non illam posse putemus
aegroti culum lingere carnificis?

GT:
Did not (may the gods love me) think it I have thought, whether be smelling Aemilius's mouth or ass. a matter of fact, and nothing more unclean than it, but also the anus is cleaner and a better one: But without teeth. This teeth half, gums like an old, jaws on heat mule have a vulva. This man has sex with many, and makes himself out to be charming, and not to the mill with the ass? of any girl touching him, she's capable of licking hangman?

INTERTRAN:
Not ( and so me di out of ones senses ) whoever to recount putavi , whether oris or culum olfacerem Aemilio. nilo to clean this nihiloque unclean that , truth as yet culus to clean and better : for without teeth is. this tooth sesquipedalis , ginger in truth ploxeni government of a former time , besides rictum of what kind diffissus upon to burn with desire meientis mulae cunnus government festive. this to be long and himself the making to be lovely , and not pistrino surrender and asino? whom since is of importance , not that to be able to stink sickness culum language hangman's work?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Let's do one the other way around.

What will they make of this Poe paragraph if asked to translate it into Latin?

In an assembly of phantasms such as I have painted, it may well be supposed that no ordinary appearance could have excited such sensation. In truth the masquerade license of the night was nearly unlimited; but the figure in question had out-Heroded Herod, and gone beyond the bounds of even the prince's indefinite decorum. There are chords in the hearts of the most reckless which cannot be touched without emotion. Even with the utterly lost, to whom life and death are equally jests, there are matters of which no jest can be made. The whole company, indeed, seemed now deeply to feel that in the costume and bearing of the stranger neither wit nor propriety existed. The figure was tall and gaunt, and shrouded from head to foot in the habiliments of the grave. The mask which concealed the visage was made so nearly to resemble the countenance of a stiffened corpse that the closest scrutiny must have had difficulty in detecting the cheat. And yet all this might have been endured, if not approved, by the mad revellers around. But the mummer had gone so far as to assume the type of the Red Death. His vesture was dabbled in blood --and his broad brow, with all the features of the face, was besprinkled with the scarlet horror.

Google Translate:

Sicut enim in multitudine phantasmata, potest bene intelligi non posset species talis sensus excitetur. Verum in ornatu fere noctis licentia infinita; sed extra quaestum positis Heroded Herodes et ultra limites decori quidem principis incertum. Sunt corda uiolentissimum chorda quae tangi non sine dolore. Etiam cum plane, cujus vita et mors aeque iocis risum non sunt ea quae fieri possunt. Fecit ergo universa ecclesia quidem visus est sentire penitus alienos neque ingenio, neque in habitu et gestu decoro fuit. Figurae species et habitudo corporum proceritate, et tanquam a capite ad calcem Itane in monumento. Persona paene similis factus ora tegentes induraverunt facies de scrutinii ritibus sunt proxima funera aegre fraus detecta. Atque haec quidem esset ferendum, nisi probetur per circuitum bacchantium insaniam. Sed quantum ad id genus Mummer ierant mors Rubrum. Fronte lata et vestimento ore cruento decedat cum omnibus faciei lineamentis erat coccinum quem respersum horrorem.

Intertran:

In an statio of phantasms talis ut EGO have pictoratus , is may puteus exsisto volo ut haud vulgaris vultus could have fervidus talis sensation. Vero masquerade licentia of nox noctis eram prope infinitus ; tamen instar in question had sicco - Vir Vir , quod absentis ultra reus of vel procer indefinite pingo. Illic es chords in pectus pectoris of plurrimi inconsideratus quod cannot exsisto pulsatus vacuus affectus. Vel per radicitus lost , cui vita quod nex es pariter iocus , illic es res quorum haud iocus can fio. Universitas vexillum , vero , videor iam penetranter sentio ut in sumptus quod gestum of extraneus neither lepor lepos neque nec propriety futurus. instar eram procerus quod macies , quod shrouded ex caput capitis ut pes in habiliments of sepulchrum. os quod occultus visio eram no sic prope ut similitudo vultus of a stiffened somes ut proximus scrutiny must have had difficultas in deprehensio impono. Atqui totus is vires have been tolero , nisi probatus , per dementis revellers inter. Tamen mummer had absentis eatenus ut ut vindicatum typus of Rutilus Nex. Suus vesture eram dabbled in cruor quod suus prolixus frons , per totus features of vultus , eram tango per vix atrox.

And, for comparison, a translation by me:

In tali conventu simulacrorum qualis est a me depictus, licet quidem credere nulla ordinaria specie animos tantopere potuisse moveri. Enimvero illius noctis in vestibus personisque licentia paene infinita erat; sed haec figura audacia audacissimos superaverat, et ipsius principis incerti de decoro iudicii terminos transcenderat. Etiam maxime temerariorum animos sunt quaedam quae utique commoveant. Etiam apud perditissimos, quibus vita morsque pariter ioca sunt, sunt quaedam de quibus non liceat iocari. Totus enim coetus iam penitus sentire videbatur in vestibus habituque ignoti nec salem inesse nec decorem. Ea figura erat procera et macra, et a capite usque ad pedes sepulchralibus vestibus involuta. Persona autem qua facies tegebatur ita erat confecta ut rigidi cadaveris vultui tam similis esset ut diligentissime scrutatus difficile deprehenderes artem. Verum haec quidem omnia tolerari, et nescio an etiam probari, a vesanis comissatoribus circum praesentibus poterant; sed eo usque ludius ille processerat ut Mortis Rubrae speciem sumeret, vestimentis oblitis sanguine, lataque fronte cum omnibus faciei lineamentis conspersa horrore illo coccino.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Now let's see how they back-translate my translation.

Google translate:

In such an assembly of images, such as a painting, even though they believe that no ordinary appearance minds so they could be moved. Indeed, that night dressed in an almost infinite number of license persons; the daring and bold men, but this is the figure of the broken, the beautiful, and that, not knowing how the prince had transcended the borders of the judgment. Even the most bold mind there are some which are to be moved. Even with the most abandoned, to whom life and death are equally jests, there are some things of which we can be allowed to a joke. In his dress and appearance, for he, too, because I knew not, nor salted with a body already exist in the internet nor for beauty. The figure was tall, thin, wrapped in his clothes, and from the head to the feet, sepulchralibus. But when a person faces covered, so it was concluded that the presence of such a rigid carcass would like to be carefully scrutinized difficult detects the art. But all this was, indeed, to bear all things, and I do not know or is it also to be proved, in the presence of around a companion of riotous men could not insane; But to get the kind of player he advanced to Hewitt Grotta, clothes, forgetting the blood and carried to the front with all the facial features of the full horror of that scarlet.

Intertran:

Upon retribution coming together simulacrorum of what kind is a me depictus , it is allowed indeed to believe nulla according to order mien spirit tantopere to have been to move. Indeed of that by night upon footstep personisque license pene eternity was ; but this figura boldness audacissimos superaverat , and very beginning uncertain about beautify judgment restrict transcenderat. As yet greatly temerariorum spirit are a certain person which at any rate to move violently. As yet according to perditissimos , by which life death likewise ioca are , are a certain person about by which not unimpeded iocari. Whole in fact coetus now inward dregs videbatur upon footstep condition unknown and not salem to be in or on and not beauty. This figura was chief noble and to become lean , and a take all the way to going on foot sepulchralibus footstep to wrap. Actor's mask but by which route face tegebatur and so was discuss when thirty corpse grimacing to such a degree similar to be when diligentissime scrutatus difficile deprehenderes artem. Truth this indeed omnia to tolerate , and to be ignorant or as yet probari a vesanis comissatoribus round with a ready poterant ; but to go all the way actor he processerat when Deadly Rubrae mien sumeret , garment to cancel what blood lataque forehead when omnibus the making lineamentis to sprinkle horror for that coccino.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

But to get the kind of player he advanced to Hewitt Grotta, clothes, forgetting the blood and carried to the front with all the facial features of the full horror of that scarlet.
That one nearly killed me :hysteric:

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Indeed I may have made a discovery of first importance: you enter gibberish Latin, it gives you an English sentence that makes sense. Do you think it would work the other way around?
I decided to put into google: Puella dico ad pater "Ego non volo ad morior!"
(trying to get it to say "The girl says to the father "I do not want to die!")

It gave me in English: Little girl, I say to the father, "I do not want to die!"

Which is actually better than expected as it got that "dico" is 1st sg. But still funny.
(You know, that's an idea for a game — put in gibberish Latin and try to get it to become English sentences)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Let me try:

Quid it circum, venit circum.
(What goes around, comes around.)
GT: What is it around, came around.
Intertran: What it round , came round.
No luck. :(

Ego vellem potius morior super meos pedes quam vivo super mea genua.
(I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.)
GT: I would rather die on my feet which I live, I have on my knees. Hum... okkkk...
Intertran: I to be willing rather to die over, upon meos going on foot how to live over, upon my knees.

It isn't that easy, it seems.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I started a thread for this on the Games section.

Araneus

Umbraticus Lector

• Civis Illustris

I mentioned this sentence from Livy 1:4 in another thread:

Forte quadam divinitus super ripas Tiberis effusus lenibus stagnis nec adiri usquam ad iusti cursum poterat amnis et posse quamvis languida mergi aqua infantes spem ferentibus dabat.

GT:
By a heaven on the banks of the Tiber was then overflowing the main channel of the river and the pools will not be able to be approached even to the water to sink, he however still prevented gave unto him.

INTERTRAN:
By chance dining table divine influence over, upon ripas Tiberis exhilaration lenibus stagnis and not adiri anywhere to justice a race able stream and to be able ever so much languida mergi water infancy spem ferentibus dabat.