Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis

Symposion

There is a Latin phrase "Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis" according to the English version of Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latin_phrases_(T) There is stated that the phrase is attributed to Empereur Lothaire Ier d'Occident (840-855). I have in my homework to translate a variant of the above mentioned Latin phrase. In my homework it is "Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur cum illis". What is the original version? Who said the original version? Is the sentence in my homework authentic or a later alteration?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Wiki seems to have changed its mind since. There's a history of the phrase here.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

It's probably also worth pointing out that the version with cum doesn't scan as an hexameter, and for that reason alone it's unlikely to have been the original.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis doesn't scan either, though it's fairly easily fixed.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Tempora mutantur et nos mutamur in illis doesn't scan either, though it's fairly easily fixed.
That's because the original is nos et. I didn't notice the change to et nos in this version.