It is not age that matters, but the knowledge

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Well. No reason for weirdness between us, Friend. Happy Trails!
Now, I'll proceed to the Latin-To-English translation section.
Issac, I wouldn't have noticed your message at all, but, perhaps, I wasn't writing for myself... perhaps someone thought (not with these words) you were being just a little bit creepy there to them. I firmly believe that's not what you have desired, so I tried to explain that we, with our experience and ubiquity of Latin usage, "interpret" some classical Latin quotations in a bit different way than let's say beginners in Latin and classical studies will who may think of it as of witty/cool.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Ooooooook. Let's steer clear of that from now on, then.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

So, out of curiosity, if I were to say " Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?"
....you would take it seriously? And if I say "Bella! Horrida Bella!", it's serious?
No sarcasm. I'm just wondering how it works here.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Issac, I mean, I really didn't notice your responses in this thread at all (the Catullus message etc.), I was notified about them by somebody. Maybe it's not me you should be talking to. Although, I suppose it's fine if we just steer clear of these waters.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Issac, I mean, I really didn't notice your responses in this thread at all (the Catullus message etc.), I was notified about them by somebody. Maybe it's not me you should be talking to. Although, I suppose it's fine if we just steer clear of these waters.
Alright. Thanks.

OH GOD. GOD Oh no no no no no! You mean that Pacifica actually thought I was doing that???
My Lord! Is that the situation!?
Well. That's certainly the end of that. I know you're not the one who's asking for it, but I won't stir this situation any further.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I did find your Catullus post rather weird, but I'm not angry, don't worry. ;)

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I did find your Catullus post rather weird, but I'm not angry, don't worry. ;)
I'm sorry for that. I'll stick to calling you Alma Mater.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Lol. Um, Belgicae? I don't want to just call you Pacifica like everyone else. Pacificae?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Why would you address me with the genitive of my country or name?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Call me whatever you wish, after all, I guess, as long as it's grammatically correct (no odd genitives).

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I'm thinking on it.

Call me whatever you wish, after all, I guess, as long as it's grammatically correct (no odd genitives).
I was talking in the sense of "Belgium's" or "of Belgium". Would it not work that way?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It seems odd as a form of address.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I'll give you an Original name. Until then,
RHEA SILVIA!!!

Or Pax. Yes, I'll go with Pax.
Only thing better than Pax would be a specifically female version for it.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Not only that, but the genitive of a country would be particularly odd used alone as a form of address. That would be beyond non-standard. About as odd as "Hi, of Belgium, how are you doing?" in English.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Not only that, but the genitive of a country would be particularly odd used alone as a form of address. About as odd as "Hi, of Belgium, how are you doing?" in English.
True. But if one of my friends were to say " Hey, Judean" it would come of as a joke.
Or like, if you're Irish, for instance, saying "Hi, Ireland's daughter". Or something. I don't know, I'm desperately trying to rationalize it.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

"Hey, Judean" works because "Judean" isn't the genitive of the country. "Hey, of Judea", wouldn't work.

"Hi, Ireland's daughter" works because the genitive "Ireland's" modifies the noun "daughter". It isn't used alone.