Inconsistency

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Is anyone else mildly bothered when they see that it's 'Latin Forums' in the top bar, but 'Latin Fora' on the bar on the white bit? No, I didn't think so. Well, you will be now.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Both 'Latin Forums' and 'Latin Fora' are in English. They can't very well be Latin, can they?

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Is anyone else mildly bothered when they see that it's 'Latin Forums' in the top bar, but 'Latin Fora' on the bar on the white bit? No, I didn't think so. Well, you will be now.
I've noticed this before and found it inconsistent, but not annoyingly so ;)

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

A lot of the shop-front material on the forum was put together (probably quite quickly) many years ago by people who are largely no longer with us. I don't think anyone would argue with the claim that in places it would benefit from a rewrite.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Personally I'd never noticed that forums-fora thing. I don't find it particularly annoying. They're both perfectly valid variants, and why couldn't you alternate as you feel like, after all?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

You could, and the new format does, what with Forums at the top and Sub-Fora below.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I changed some of them. Let me know if you find any that annoy you.

D

Deleted member 13757

It should say "Categories" or "Topics", not forums... This IS a forum. One forum.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Glabrigausapes

Philistine

• Civis Illustris

I thought it was a German typo, ‘cause here we ask the big questions, or Warums, of this world.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I don't miss the button, but I'm kind of visually disturbed by the shrinking of it. :D

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

The inconsistency didn't really bother me as such, but the Home button did, because we've all clicked absent-mindedly on it, and now it's gone.

I can't believe other people aren't loudly celebrating this.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bitmap

A Pyrrhus victory ... I need to get used to the "Fora" button now.