Handwriting

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

A thread where to post a poem or another scrap of text in your mothertongue or a language you know written with your own hand.
I don't write in a particularly good hand, because on white paper I tend to write with a "slope".

20210209_015448.jpg

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Not bad! But when you have a bit of time you could post a piece in arabic (I wouldn't understand a word, but since I think you are studying the language, it would be more "exotic") ;)

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Well, I wrote without a single crossing-out because I know this poem by heart since elementary school. It's in my firmware. It's not a "first draft".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It's not a "first draft".
I didn't think it was. ;) I believe not even Shakespeare would write a poem off the cuff without changing his mind in a single line.

But I mean, even without the crossing out, which is natural enough given that I was composing right then, my handwriting is kind of messy.

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I believe not even Shakespeare would write a poem off the cuff without changing his mind in a single line.
Well that goes without saying.
Your handwriting is a little rarefied at moments and looks like some sort of shorthand. Your hand was probably moving swiftly to follow the thought (which, needless to say, is faster than the hand) while pouring out the words.

Serenus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

A thread where to post a poem or another scrap of text in your mothertongue or a language you know written with your own hand.
Here is an old thread, from the general chat subforum, where Imperfacundus and I posted a few samples of our Latin handwriting:
THREAD: latin-handwriting

That is some nice-looking Arabic you've got going there! :D I see your progress is bearing fruit.

Serenus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I think you might've meant أعلم قليلا

It's funny how when people learn new scripts, even as perfectly mature adults, their writing looks very much like that of children. I'm pretty sure if I started to learn Punjabi or Hindi (whose scripts I don't know at all) my writing would also look childish. Try to save that image somewhere good, and check it out in a couple years once your Arabic handwriting looks more normal. The difference is going to amaze you...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I think you might've meant أعلم قليلا
I meant "I don't know except a little", i.e. "I know only a little".
Try to save that image somewhere good, and check it out in a couple years once your Arabic handwriting looks more normal.
Well, it's not as if I'm likely to get a lot of Arabic handwriting practice...