1. The forum will be taken offline for scheduled maintenance this weekend. This will take place around:

Tokyo (UTC+9): November 23 9:00AM
    New Delhi (UTC+5:30): November 23 5:30AM
    Rome (UTC+1): November 23 1:00AM
    EST (UTC-5): November 22 7:00PM
    PST (UTC-8): November 22 4:00PM

Downtime should not last more than 48 hours. If the maintenance can not be completed in that time frame, further downtime will be scheduled for a later date.

Apocolyptica: Vigil for a Dying World *paid transcription*

By Jaque, in 'Paid Translation Requests', Nov 20, 2018.

1. Jaque New Member

Hi all,

I did make a donation and would like to have some original work translated from English into Latin.
    However, I wasn't able to post in the 'paid translations' page. I didn't know what else to do but to post here in hopes that a moderator/administrator would see and direct me in the right path.
    This will be more of a private undertaking; the text is a half page [of original prayers] written by myself. Just a heads up, the translator would have to provide their actual legal name due to publishing and other legal purposes. It will be for a musical work and Latin is a common language in vocal/choral literature. Look forward to help in this endeavor!

Thank you so much!
    Jaque
  2. Dantius Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris
    Cinefactus

(just attempting to summon a moderator to help you)
  3. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    Hello,

Will the translation have to fit a specific tune, or will you, conversely, create the music so that it fits the translation?

This will have an impact on the difficulty of the translator's task and therefore on the money and time required for the translation.
  4. Jaque New Member

Hi,

First, thanks to Dantius for helping to get a moderator to help!
    Now, good news is I am a composer and I will be writing the music for the text. So, do not worry about trying to fit the text to a melody; I will compose based on the text!
    Thanks Pacifica.

Jaque
  5. Pacifica grammaticissima

• Civis Illustris
    All right. I will PM you my e-mail address. Then you can send me your text so I can calculate the price I would charge.