Anglics

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

This is on all of the Anglo-Frisian languages, which are:
Proto-Old English, Northumbrian, Mercian and Kentish, West Saxon, Early Northern Middle English, Early Midland and Southeastern Middle English, Early Southern and Southwestern Middle English, Early Scots, Northern Middle English, Midland Middle English, Southeastern Middle English, Southern Middle English, Southwestern Middle English, Middle Scots, Northern Early Modern English, Midland Early Modern English, Metropolitan Early Modern English, Southern Early Modern English, Southwestern EME, Yola, Fingallian, Modern Scots, Northern Modern English, East West Modern English, Standard Modern English, Southern Modern English, and West Country Modern English.

All of these languages (minus six) have something in common: you, as a speaker of English, can understand them.*

*Some will understand better than others; for instance, one knowing German and English would have an easier time. With practice, older forms of Scots and the like will become more comprehensible.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

I know that there is an Old-English thread already, so Proto-Old English, Northumbrian, Mercian, Kentish, and West Saxon will be skipped. ( For now, heavenwilling.)

I'll start out with the interesting ones: Yola, and Early Scots ( might have to put that in the Scottish thread.)

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Here we go:
The Forth and Bargy dialect, also known as Yola, is an extinct variety of English once spoken in the baronies of Forth and Bargy in County Wexford, Ireland. It is thought to have evolved from Middle English, which was brought to Ireland during the Norman invasion, beginning in 1169. As such, it was similar to the Fingallian dialect of the Fingal area. Both became extinct in the 19th century, when they were replaced by modern Hiberno-English. The name "Yola" means "old" in the dialect.

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 8.11.12 AM.png

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

In the post above of mine, I mention Fingallian. Here's some:

"Sure, Sure!' sayes Nees, 'dis me old vench is!'
But when he drew more neare her quarters,
And know her by her suggam garters,
'Ful dea, ro, dou unlucky jade,
I'll chance upon dee! Art thou dead?
Fat devill vas be in dee, vench?
Vas he soe hot is cou'd no quench