Antibarbarus der lateinischen Sprache

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

That is one weird collection of files. I downloaded the RAR archive, extracted it, and found 799 TIFF image files, 799 mysterious FRF files, one Microsoft Word (old style) file containing the transcript 'Antibar1(1-120).doc', and three more mysterious files (FRBatch.opt, Thumbs.db, _FRBatch.pac). I can't imagine why that person uploaded all those TIFF and FRF files.

It would be quite easy to convert the Word file to PDF using almost any word processor.

However, one can already download the (scanned) PDF of volumes 1 and 2, using the second and third links you provided.

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

It would be quite easy to convert the Word file to PDF using almost any word processor.
I might as well do it myself, hadn't I? It's not pretty, maybe because my word processor is LibreOffice not Microsoft Word.

Here is also the DOC file, in case someone else wants to try it. All rights to the transcription presumably belong to Scanned by Igor Makhankov.

Attachments

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Lol, this is strange.

Tlepolemus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I can't imagine why that person uploaded all those TIFF and FRF files.
'FR' files evidently belong to the FineReader. So, the whole bundle is a non-finished OCR project and all these files are needed if one decides to continue transcribing it.

P.S. Text highlighted in red was not recognized with confidence, and probably was corrected by the transcriber.

Gregorius Textor

Animal rationale

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

That's nice to know. And all along I thought the fellow had been using his eyes and brain for the transcription. Oh well, at least the red highlighting does not show an incompatibility between LibreOffice and (old) Microsoft Word.