Before You Know It

Thrush

At www.byki.com there is a free Latin-learning program which I have found very limited but helpful nonetheless. It apparently for vocabulary memorization, and makes no mention of the grammar involved, but then I didn't buy the full version. If anyone does, I would like to see a review of it.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

And the free light version can be downloaded here.

John Von Vaughn

I have the full version of the program and find it VERY useful. Although you are correct, it is a simple program. Personally I belive that the first step of learning any langauge is vocabulary. At my level of intelligence, (Which is average... I can admit it..) I have been able to memorize about 180-200 words a week with this program. Which I hope is a decent pace. I completely recommend it for anyone looking to start learning any langauge. Alot of people are exposed to latin in university and they seem to take for granted the basic words they have learned. Which could make the "Before you know it" software seem simplistic. For the rest of us who failed to see the value of education till they were already on the factory floor this is a great program to get you started with the ABSOLUTE basics...

Thrush is correct. It is simply a Vocabulary building tool, it is not a grammer program. I contacted byki and they informed me that it is best used in conjunction with the "Get Latin" software in their catalog. Which I will let you know about when i acquire it.