Can somebody give a list of moderator titles?

Ater Gladius

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I have noticed quite a lot of people have ribbons under their usernames.

"Civis illustris" -- well, I know what this means.

But what about those "aedilis", "praetor" and "censor"? Are they mods, global mods, admins or something?

And do we have a consul?

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

There is also me, a Technicus Auxiliarius (Technical Assistant). It is essentially halfway between an illustrious citizen and a mod.

The only difference between technical assistants and mods is that technical assistants can't see or post in the mods-only forum; otherwise, technical assistants essentially have mod powers.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

But what about those "aedilis", "praetor" and "censor"? Are they mods, global mods, admins or something?

And do we have a consul?
I keep wondering about this as well.

Another question: I can't help but wonder what famous Romans the heads peering out at me from the top of the forum page belong to. Are they listed anywhere? If not, can someone please satisfy my curiosity? :D

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Huh, interesting. So it seems like there was some work being done on translating the forum structure itself into Latin. Too bad it was (presumably) abandoned... :(

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

How does one see beyond the seventh, as some people on that thread appear to be able to?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You have to shrink your screen's displaying (hoping you get what I mean).

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm not sure that I do. I imagine it's in the options under Display in the Control Panel somewhere. I could change the resolution, not that that does anything useful, but it at least shows that I can do something.

Edit: never mind, it's Ctrl and scroll, or use the +/- keys. I am an idiot.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm not sure about other computers; I have a laptop and on it it's done with the touchpad: if you put two of your fingers on two corners of it and them draw them together, everything on your screen gets smaller, and if you do the reverse movement, everything gets bigger.

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

It kind of sucks that there's only one woman's head up there, though. Surely there must be other famous Roman women? :(

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

I can think of Fulvia and Hortensia, but neither seems to have any good likenesses.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I'm not sure about other computers; I have a laptop and on it it's done with the touchpad: if you put two of your fingers on two corners of it and them draw them together, everything on your screen gets smaller, and if you do the reverse movement, everything gets bigger.
That is much like a MacBook touchpad (though the MacBook touchpad has more gestures as well, such as two-finger drag for scroll, etc.).

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

Not to be confused with the two*-finger gesture made by users of other computers in the direction of Mac users.

*Or one, across the pond.

malleolus

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Well, as has already been pointed out the female head above is Livia Drusilla. There are quite a few (in)famous women such as the two Agrippinas, Clodia, Messalina,Arria, (various)Cornelias, Sallustius' Sempronia, aso.