Carmina Burana

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Ille meus tenuis nimis est amictus;

sepe frigus patior calore relictus.

Just checking. Is here ablative inopiae that goes with relictus? Or there might be any other reason?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I would have called it the inanimate agent of relictus. In any case it goes with relictus.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Another ''check out''.

Decus N., dum sitis insigne,

postulo suffragia de vobis iam digne.

Is dum meant in this meaning as the LSH says: β. Subj., often, when the clause with dum expresses a desired end, or refers to an indefinite future: ?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

I'm not sure that's very likely. It could just be that dum is here misused for cum, as sometimes happens in medieval Latin.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

sed ad ludum properamus,

cui semper insudamus.

So insudare goes with Dative? I can't find that in dictionary. Tough ablative would make more sense to me, there is a kind of rule that verbs starting with in- goes with dative. Is that it?

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Primo pro nummata vini;

ex hac bibunt libertini.

So this nummatus vini, who is he? The innkeeper? The one who pays for the wine? Genitive of vini is gentitivus possesivus?

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Parum durant sex nummate ...

So is this nummatae? is it used like a noun in feminine form instead of nummus?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

So insudare goes with Dative?
Yes.
there is a kind of rule that verbs starting with in- goes with dative. Is that it?
I've never heard of such a rule, but now that you say it, I guess many of them do. Not all, though.
So is this nummatae? is it used like a noun in feminine form instead of nummus?
Yes. Well, I don't know if it was exactly equivalent to nummus (I'm not an expert on currencies) but in any case it was a sort of coin.

B

Bitmap

I've never heard of such a rule, but now that you say it, I guess many of them do. Not all, though.
It's not a rule, but composita obviously lend themselves to constructions with an indirect object.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

And what would it be a libertinus in medieval Latin, since they didn't have slaves. A farmer that is not under a feudal lord?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

A pennyworth of wine, I guess.
Or maybe simply the nummata (coin/money) used to pay for the wine.
And what would it be a libertinus in medieval Latin, since they didn't have slaves. A farmer that is not under a feudal lord?
I'm not sure but maybe it has a more figurative meaning like "libertine".

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

You could still be right, though. Really I have no certainty here.

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Salve, rege digna!

Is this ablative of rex? Hail worthy of kingship or sth. like that? Like ablativus qualitatis? That seems the most logical option, though it doesn't sound as abl. qual. really ...

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Rege digna = "worthy of a king", i.e. worthy to have a king as a husband, I guess.

Rege isn't an ablative of quality. I don't know what the technical name for this ablative is, but dignus is often constructed with the ablative (the genitive also occurs).

Katarina

Civis

• Civis

Rege digna = "worthy of a king", i.e. worthy to have a king as a husband, I guess.

Rege isn't an ablative of quality. I don't know what the technical name for this ablative is, but dignus is often constructed with the ablative (the genitive also occurs).
Right, I forgot that dignus goes with ablative.