Charter from reign Henry VI

EDurley

Hello everyone, this is my 1st post as a member here so not sure how it works but need help translating some letters from the 15th century. I have been investigating the lost medieval village called Kinwick which is in the Domesday book under the name Chenemonewiche. There is not much trace left of this place and no-one knows the actual location of it. Having been to the local archives to research it further the only mention of it that I could find was in these two letters but they are written in Latin. So here I am seeing if anyone here might feel up to a challenge, the condition of the letters are not that great so I will understand if it is not possible. I look forward to seeing what you make of them.
Thanks in advance
Ed
Latin letter 1.jpg
Latin letter 2.jpg
Latin letter 2.2.jpg

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Here's the first;

Know all men by these presents that we, the Prior and Convent of Chyksond have received and had, on the day of making these presents, from Robert Bowth esquire, 46s 8d of good and lawful money of England out of our Manor in Kynemundewyke …kefeld Sonday and Hastwyke for the term of the Annunciation of the Blessed Mary last past before the date of these presents,

Concerning which 46s 8d, indeed, [we acknowledge] ourselves to be paid, and the said Robert to be quit thereof by these presents.

In witness whereof our seal, which we use for causes [?such as] these presents, is appended.

Given in our chapter house at Chyksond … May in the year of our lord 1460 and in the twenty first year of the reign of King Edward IV.

Westcott

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

And here's the second

May all men, present and future, know that I, William Edward, have given, granted, and by this my present charter confirmed,
To John Sayer and William Grenefeld, chaplains, and John Walker,
All my lands and tenements, rents and services, and whatsoever reversions after the death of whatsoever tenants belonging to me at the end of their life or years [ie depending whether they have a life tenancy or a tenancy for a term of years] in the vills and fields of Sondeye, Gyteforde and Kemundwyk,
That is to say, all those lands and tenements, reversions and services which were lately Thomas Ridelonde’s in the vills and fields aforesaid, and William Edward’s,
To have and to hold all the aforesaid lands and tenements, reversions and services, with all their appurtenances, to the aforenamed John, William Grenefeld and John, their heirs and assigns for ever,
Of the chief lords of that fee, by the services due in respect thereof and of right accustomed.
And indeed I, the aforesaid William Edward and my heirs, will warrant all the aforesaid lands and tenements, rents, reversions and services, with their appurtenances, to the aforenamed John, William Grenefeld and John, their heirs and assigns, against all men, for ever.
In witness whereof I have affixed my seal to this my present charter.
These being witnesses, Walter Daunsey, John Tome, Roger Halle and others.
Given at Sondeye aforesaid on the fourth day of the month of January in the nineteenth year of the reign of the Sixth King Henry after the conquest of England.

EDurley

Thanks Westcott, that's great, a nice piece of history that was long forgotten. Some coordinates of where the village was would have been nice but now I know a little more about the history and the people of the place.