Cum clauses

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

That's a good idea. When a person explains something well, it's so much better than a dry grammar or text that leaves one in doubt.

gerases

I realize I'm rambling a bit now, but does any of what I've said make sense to you (or to anyone)? By the way, did you purchase an edition of this book yet? I believe I suggested it to you in another thread, when you asked about a beginner's edition of De Bello Gallico. I ask because the abridged grammar at the end explains the different uses of cum clauses rather succinctly.
Thank you for the explanation. I also liked it. No, I haven't gotten the book yet. That's way too advanced for me now. I'm content with reading very simple stories. The kind I see in the Cambridge Latin course. I don't want to get discouraged. But I've bookmarked the link :)

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

gerases dixit:
Thank you for the explanation. I also liked it. No, I haven't gotten the book yet. That's way too advanced for me now. I'm content with reading very simple stories. The kind I see in the Cambridge Latin course. I don't want to get discouraged. But I've bookmarked the link :)
About the book--I actually meant to address Decimvs, but it wasn't very clear. Sorry for the confusion. This is the thread I was talking about.

Anyway, I'm glad you and others liked my explanation. I fear I couldn't write a decent textbook without it ending up being thousands of pages and a complete bore to just about everyone. Thanks for the encouragement, though.

Hermes Trismegistus

Civis

• Civis

Could anyone, please, give us a brief explanation on these below? Simple sentences and what the equivalent term is in English and how to indentify and translate them correctly?

E.g.
I)Cum temporale:

Verbal tense and use:
Indicative - present - future
Meaning: When

II)Cum interativum
III)Cum explicativum
IV)Cum additivum
V)Cum concessivum
VI)Cum adversativum
VII)Cum causale

Thank you, Sodales!!