Cute animals thread (for malleolus and some others)

Bestiola

Speculatrix
Staff member
It seems that some folks here like cute (baby) animals.

Hi malleolus :)

Aurifex

Aedilis
Staff member
I find the natural ones (i.e. the non-Photoshopped) more endearing. Just as humans can be stripped of their essential dignity (dehumanized) when they are made to behave like animals, so animals can be stripped of their dignity when they are made to behave like humans. I can accept that not everyone may see it this way though. I'm assuming this image is Photoshopped; maybe I'm wrong.

Bestiola

Speculatrix
Staff member
I find the natural ones (i.e. the non-Photoshopped) more endearing. Just as humans can be stripped of their essential dignity (i.e. dehumanized) when they are made to behave like animals, so animals can be stripped of their dignity when they are made to behave like humans. I can accept that not everyone may see it this way though. I'm assuming this image is Photoshopped; maybe I'm wrong.
Hmm, you could be right, although I didn't think it was photoshopped....nevertheless I changed the picture :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

When I was like 6, we lived in the countryside, and once I kidnapped a little baby like this one, and I kept it in a, you know the kind of really little plastic swimming polls for kids (you can't actually swim in that, but I don't know another word) in my garden. I'd called it "Crapinonus". I don't know how long I kept it - it was a long time ago, lol - maybe one week or two, or maybe less, time seems long at that age. But one day it escaped and I was really sad. And I remember, like one year later, the day we moved from there to another home, before getting in the car, I saw a big toad on the side next to the bushes, and I thought it was Crapinonus grown up that'd come back to say good bye before we left. I went to stroke it.

PS: "Crapinonus" wasn't because I was already fan of Latin, I was just fan of dinosaurs.

Bestiola

Speculatrix
Staff member
OMG that is so cute :) I used to do the same with snails since my parents didn't allow me to have any other pets. They used to crawl on the bottles of soda :) I tried to feed them with grass and lettuce but usually they'd be gone after a day or two....or my parents took them outside which is more likely...having been fed up with tentacles peering from the glasses and bottles.​
Then they finally allowed me to have guinea pig - cuddliest animal I have ever had:​
She looked just like this and I called her Uja :)

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
OMG that is so cute :) I used to do the same with snails since my parents didn't allow me to have any other pets. They used to crawl on the bottles of soda :) I tried to feed them with grass and lettuce but usually they'd be gone after a day or two....or my parents took them outside which is more likely...having been fed up with tentacles peering from the glasses and bottles.
I used to love snails too! :) I was always playing with them... We've even got a picture of me - at 3, 4, 5 maybe? - with I don't know how many of them on me... My hands, my arms, possibly even my head (I'd have to check to be sure)... :confused:

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

There was also a lot of bats where we lived then. One day in the morning we even found one in our kitchen sink.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus
When I was like 6, we lived in the countryside, and once I kidnapped a little baby like this one, and I kept it in a, you know the kind of really little plastic swimming polls for kids (you can't actually swim in that, but I don't know another word) in my garden. [...]
A kiddie pool?
I used to love snails too! :) I was always playing with them... We've even got a picture of me - at 3, 4, 5 maybe? - with I don't know how many of them on me... My hands, my arms, possibly even my head (I'd have to check to be sure)... :confused:
Eww. Snails are just glorified slugs.

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT
you know the kind of really little plastic swimming polls for kids (you can't actually swim in that, but I don't know another word) in my garden.
Paddling pool.