Cute animals thread (for malleolus and some others)

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I met this little fella during one of the visits at the local clinic. I spoke with one of the nurses at the reception, she told me the kitten was taken care of (the nurses fed him and provided milk);

P_20200811_085427.jpg

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
"Looking right atcha kid!"

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
Corvids are very clever creatures. They'd probably beat some people I know in a battle of wits.

But I see what you mean. I can't really see the motive is here, and am unwilling to attribute altruism to the notoriously selfish magpie. Unless the two had previously struck up a friendship, as happens with animals of different species. But if that were the case, I'd expect the internet to have pictures of the two in less dramatic situations.

Terry S.

Quaestor
Staff member
I think the bird is used to meeting pancaked hedgehogs on the tarmac and doesn't get it that this one isn't yet edible.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Yes, it's a snake.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
A cute baby snake.

Etaoin Shrdlu

μεσσηγυδορποχέστης
I think the bird is used to meeting pancaked hedgehogs on the tarmac and doesn't get it that this one isn't yet edible.
That's actually not very far from what it was actually doing -- not so much helping as snacking. Hedgehogs have fleas and suchlike. Here's one where you can't cutely anthropomorphise the situation:

Adrian

Civis Illustris
I met a neighbour of mine today, she has a pet puppy. The dog's name is Majka and she is an extremely vigorous and playful dog.
P_20200915_103346[1].jpg P_20200915_103348[1].jpg P_20200915_103349[1].jpg

Last edited:

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
We still feed our hedgehogs ... they come back to eat, but they left their nest quite a while ago.