de scacchis

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Solutions

Haidary Hameedullah - Bindig Markus (34.cxd5).jpg

Position after 34. cxd5 ... Black played Rf8 here. What happens on 34. ... Qxd5 instead?
After 34. ... Qxd5, 35. f4! wins a piece. It is a double attack you may not see too often: The bishop on e5 is attacked while Qg2+ (followed by checkmate) is threatened.

Haidary Hameedullah - Bindig Markus (38.Ta7).jpg

Position after 38. Ra7 ... Black played Qe5 here to stay in the game. What happens on 38. ... Rf7 insead?
38. ... Rf7 39. Nf6+! The bishop cannot take because it is pinned, the rook cannot take because it's mate on g7. White wins the queen and the house.

Haidary Hameedullah - Bindig Markus (39...Kh8).jpg

In this position, white played 40. Qg5 and gave away his advantage. He had a way of ending the game instead. I saw that move, but I thought I could defend against it based on a pretty grave miscalculation. How does white win here?
There is more than one win, but the line I calculated was 40. Nxd6! – Black cannot take back because of the mate on g7. I saw the move, but I relied on 40. ... Bf6, which would threaten the knight while threatening Rg8 with a pin against the queen at the same time. I saw that after 41.Nf7+ Rxf7 42. Rxf7 Qd5+ I win back the rook on f7 and am up a piece.

However, I would simply have got mated after 42. Ra8+ :(

Another win started with 40. Ng5. I relied on Qf5 there ... I can't even remember what the refutation for my move was, but the computer showed something there.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
I just looked through my files for an old Sveshnikov game I had in mind with white ... but I can't seem to find it anymore.
I found a different kind of game, though ... which featured a motif that I never thought I'd ever get to pull off in a real game:

Bindig Markus - Radke Thomas.jpg

My opponent had just taken my pawn on b2 ... and resigned after my next move in what was a bit of a w.t.f. moment...

Here's the game :p