Easy way to learn a language

vancouveR1

If you are interested, here is a very easy way to learn a language:

easylanguagelearning.webs.com

This should work for latin as well, if you want to become fluent in latin ;)

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

There is a problem: most popular television programs or Internet videos are not available in Latin.

Chamaeleo

Iohannes Aurum dixit:
There is a problem: most popular television programs or Internet videos are not available in Latin.
It doesn't say to watch TV in the language you're learning. It says to listen to the TV with one ear and to your language course with the other. It's a little strange.

The whole thing is strange, really. Someone makes a post with nothing but a link to a website. In turn, the website has no content at all, apart from a link to a PDF. In turn, the PDF, despite being five pages long, contains just a couple of sentences of not particularly useful advice. Couldn't those few words just be said here?

It's this sort of thing that sometimes makes me think I'm the only sane person in the world.

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Bizarre.

What was the point of posting this, vancouveR1? Do you actually think this is useful advice, or is it a little joke?

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

This advice is very vague and bizarre; it is probably very ineffective, since it uses the osmosis technique of learning languages.

vancouveR1

Iohannes Aurum dixit:
I'm shure you will find something in latin. I bet you will find parts of the bible in spoken latin in the internet.

And shurely the Vatican broadcasts in latin: A frien of mine, who is fluent in latin once talked to a Vativan-priest at the Vatican. And this priest replied in latin as if it was the most normal thing to be addressed in latin. You can as well chose the language "latin" at the cash dispensers in Vatican-City.

And if you don't find spoken latin, you can make a MP3 yourself (De belli gallico??? "Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres ...") I think there is no better way to show off at the next Party.

vancouveR1

CHAMÆLEO dixit:
It says to listen to the TV with one ear and to your language course with the other. It's a little strange.
No, it says you "put your headphones in one ear only and play the audio file softly without paying
attention to its words or its contents."

And you do this, while you do something else. For example watching TV. Or reading a book. Or surfing the internet. Or ...

Like this, your brain will pick up the language automatically.

CHAMÆLEO dixit:
The whole thing is strange, really. Someone makes a post with nothing but a link to a website. In turn, the website has no content at all, apart from a link to a PDF. In turn, the PDF, despite being five pages long, contains just a couple of sentences of not particularly useful advice. Couldn't those few words just be said here?
Well, I'm not a website professional ...

vancouveR1

Imber Ranae dixit:
Bizarre.
What was the point of posting this, vancouveR1? Do you actually think this is useful advice, or is it a little joke?
I'm shure, this is useful advice. Do you know a way to learn a language that easy?

This way of learning languages helped me a lot (I'm not very fond of working and learning ;)

But don't be too picky with my English now ...

vancouveR1

Iohannes Aurum dixit:
This advice is very vague and bizarre; it is probably very ineffective, since it uses the osmosis technique of learning languages.
#

Osmosis? Maybe. Never hear of it. Can you provide a link? I'm very interested in this.

Iohannes Aurum dixit:
it is probably very ineffective
Well, if you learned two years Spanish at school, this way of learning should boost your Spanish a lot within three month ...

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

For osmosis, here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis

I also use the term "osmosis" outside of scientific contexts, such as learning through osmosis, in which knowledge enters one's memory passively in the same way molecules enter another chamber through a semi-permeable barrier.

See http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/osmosis for both the scientific and non-scientific definitions of osmosis.

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

This whole thread seems ridiculous and needless.

Herakleitos

grammar is language learnings 'sine qua non'. so dont lose ur time, there is no easy way out. learn the grammar first :D

Keera

Last edited by Akela on Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Took out a self-promotional link. Kept the rest of the post for the viewers' entertainment
I like this kind of editing :thumbup: