Fellow gamers...

Akela

sum
Staff member
I know for a fact that there are at least two other people on this forum with an interest in gaming. Let's see who is brave enough to admit this in public :)

So, my personal weaknesses are: Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age and my current favourite Vampire Bloodlines.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
Re: Fellow gamers, let us come out from hiding

Read my posts here. It contains the games that I play and I am not repeating that post here (mine begin after Nick's).

Sa Seba

Consularis
Re: Fellow gamers, let us come out from hiding

I like to dabble in computer gaming as well, even though it sometimes takes an not insignificant amount out of time of my life.
Currently I am playing Borderlands and will move on to Dragon Age Awakening, once a bug fix for this game has been released by Bioware.
I like RPG's in general, my favourites being the ones Akela posted in addition to The Witcher.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos
Staff member
Count me in.

I love real-time strategy games like StarCraft, more for their multiplayer content than for the single-player experience. I always had a soft spot for The Legend of Zelda, and I enjoy first-person shooters like Call of Duty... Mario is fun, but it is more of a diversion to keep me occupied between games that I really want to play.

What else can I think of? Role playing games in general (I can even tolerate moderate amounts of level-grinding), Shadow of the Colossus, and more.

I love to play games, but I haven't had time to really play anything lately.

Akela

sum
Staff member
Oh shoot, I forgot the Witcher.

Nick, since you like the Legend of Zelda... have you seen the web series Legend of Neil?

It is not totally safe for work though...

Cornelia

I am fond of the Lara Croft Games Series.Underworld is thrilling,but my favourite one of all the series will always be The Angel of Darkness.All the Mario Bros games are also very addictive to me,as the Legend of Zelda.
But,ashamed as I am,I must confess that the Sims 3 World Adventures had become a vice for a long time...

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
Akela dixit:
Iohannes Aurum, did I say something that upset you?
Nope, just see my post; I already had a list of games there and I am not duplicating my post here

Decimvs

Aedilis
Staff member
I have been glued to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 since it was released. I am an FPS addict. I have played; DOOM I, II, III; Quake I, II, III, IV; Medal of Honor (all); Soldier of Fortune II; Unreal Tournament Series; Call of Duty (all), and Halo (all).

In the way of RPGs, I absolutely love the Elder Scrolls games. I played Morrowind and Oblivion and loved them. I like "sandbox RPGS" where you kind of do whatever you want, go wherever you want, like the Elder Scrolls games. I am not a fan of most jRPGs like Final Fantasy, et cetera.

Casteel

Totally agree with the above. Elder Scrolls games are phenomenal. All of them. Well, Oblivion was, until my 360 hard drive decided to delete my saved games for it! But, I used to be obsessed with Guild Wars. Incredible imo, any other players/fans?

Nikolaos

schmikolaos
Staff member
Casteel dixit:
But, I used to be obsessed with Guild Wars. Incredible imo, any other players/fans?
Here - however, my Internet connection is so bad here that I only get on for holiday items. When we get better Internet, I want to start playing again.

Akela

sum
Staff member
Casteel dixit:
I used to be obsessed with Guild Wars.
I created a trial account for Guild Wars once. It looked cool, but since the trial account was quite limited (I could not team up with anyone, for example), I never really made up my mind about the game.

It reminded me of The Witcher, just multi-player. Well, as far as I could tell, anyway.

lukinxiii

i also enjoy the elder scrolls games. i got morrowind years back, played it a little and sort of stopped forever. i always intended to go back and explore but never did. now i have it bad for oblivion!! about 60 hours in, mainly going from town to town playing the guild missions and whatever the citizens have to throw at me. ive barely even touched the main quest.

the game that has me wrapped up right now is the incredible and beautiful god of war 3 :swords:

Decimvs

Aedilis
Staff member
lukinxiii dixit:
i also enjoy the elder scrolls games. i got morrowind years back, played it a little and sort of stopped forever. i always intended to go back and explore but never did. now i have it bad for oblivion!! about 60 hours in, mainly going from town to town playing the guild missions and whatever the citizens have to throw at me. ive barely even touched the main quest.
Sometimes messing with the NPC's in Elder Scrolls games is really fun. For instance, in Morrowind, after much play, I had a lock spell of 100 power, and an unlock of 100 power, so I could lock or unlock any door, chest, etc, in the game. So, sometimes I would wait for one of the townsfolk to leave their house for the day, and then lock their door at 100 level, so they could not get back into their house. pretty funny. You can do it to the whole town, and then there ends up being people sleeping all over the streets, etc. Very funny and amusing.

Decimvs

Aedilis
Staff member
I haven't played Morrowind in some time, so I forget the details, but, there is a way, using the command creature spell, to get creatures to follow you, and then go into your house, and get out without them being able to follow you. Thus, you can have a bunch of creatures permanently flying and running around in your house. :)

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
As well as the games mentioned here, I also enjoy playing games made by Maxis: SimCity, SimEarth, SimCity 2000, The Sims, SimCity 4 & Rush Hour expansion, Spore, and The Sims 3.

I was among the first people to purchase Spore when it came out (it was a Sunday and I arrived five minutes after the store opened, as there were no special hours devoted to selling the game). It was innovative, but was a significant disappointment, as I anticipated for that game and many of the promised features were removed completely.

As for The Sims 3 I purchased a new laptop for that, as my old laptop was unable to run it.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
UPDATE:

I actually do not have The Sims 3. I wanted to purchase it, but all physical copies in the entire Greater Golden Horseshoe (which includes all of the Greater Toronto Area) are sold out and I cannot purchase it online either (I have no credit card or PayPal account). I may want to purchase it in a few months from now.

Fortunately, my brother's friend gave both my brother and myself the elusive StarCraft II beta key, which in fact is much rarer than a physical copy of The Sims 3 in the said region. Good thing I bought a new laptop, since it can run the StarCraft II beta, unlike my old laptop.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos
Staff member
Akela dixit:
Nick, since you like the Legend of Zelda... have you seen the web series Legend of Neil?

It is not totally safe for work though...
Thanks for the warning - no, I haven't seen it yet. I'll watch it when I get a chance.

@John - StarCraft... II.... beta.... key.... check your corners and don't go in to dark alleys, because I might just be there waiting for you.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius
Nick dixit:
@John - StarCraft... II.... beta.... key.... check your corners and don't go in to dark alleys, because I might just be there waiting for you.
Thanks for the advice.