Grant me the power of mentally reeducating the mind of another.

Would the following sentence be an accurate translation?

Grant me the power of mentally reeducating the mind of another.
Da mihi potestatem dedocendi mente mentem alius.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

"alius" is very rarely used as the genitive singular, generally "alterius" is used instead.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I'm not sure whether "dedocendi mentem" works but wait for other people to respond.

Iáson

Cívis Illústris

• Civis Illustris

dédoceó is a very rare verb, but it is classical. I'm not sure, because I haven't been able to find all of the examples cited in L&S, but from what I have seen it means something like to 'unlearn' a thing. In this case I don't think it would capture the whole sense of 're-educate', which generally means 'remove someone's beliefs and add new ones' - you might have to use an expression like dédocére ac simul alia docére, 'un-teach and at the same time (simul) teach other things'.

However, it would be useful to know precisely what you mean by 're-educate'.

In addition, you might consider adding something to mente mentem to make it a bit clearer that you mean 'with my mind, [educating] someone else's mind': i.e. meá mente mentem.

In summary, my suggestion would read:

dá mihi potestátem meá mente mentem álterius dédocendí ac simul alia docendí. 'Give me the power of 'un-teaching' the mind of another with my mind and at the same time teaching them other things' (for want of a better word than 'un-teach' for dédocére).

Or with an ut clause:
dá mihi potestátem ut meá mente mentem álterius dédocére ac simul alia docére possim. 'Give me the power so that I can 'un-teach' the mind of another with my mind and at the same time teach them other things'.

But I'm not altogether sure about it, particularly over whether docére/dédocére is appropriate here, so I would wait for other replies first.

In the Mage: The Awakening rule book the spell is named Psychic Reprogramming and it allows the spell caster to alter and/or delete any aspect of the subjects fundamental psychic makeup, such as turning a friendship into a rivalry, making the target fall out of (or into) love, or making him follow a new career calling. I hope this helps.

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Not literal, but an attempt to express what you mean -
Da mi potatestam diffingendi animos alienos, ''grant me the power to reshape the minds of others''