Indomita, invicta, infracta

JBH

would this be the correct feminine for "Untamed, unconquered, unbroken"? (as a motto for a women's group)

Thanks!

JBH

I guess "inrupta" instead of infracta. How come fracta and infracta mean the same thing? what am I missing?​

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I guess "inrupta" instead of infracta.​
No, that would lead to a very unfortunate pun.

How come fracta and infracta mean the same thing? what am I missing?​
Very interesting. Lewis and Short list infractus as meaning unbroken, and the OLD as meaning broken. Can anyone cast any light on this?
Let me suggest infragilis, which would be not subject to misinterpretation. It means unbreakable.

Your original needs modification if you are applying it to a group, it should be:
Indomitae, invictae, infragiles

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

No, that would lead to a very unfortunate pun.

Very interesting. Lewis and Short list infractus as meaning unbroken, and the OLD as meaning broken. Can anyone cast any light on this?
Infractus meaning "broken" is the past participle of the verb infringo (I break); in- is prepositional and adds little to the meaning.
Infractus meaning "unbroken" is a late Latin adjective consisting of the past participle of frango plus the negativising particle/prefix in- (cf. indoctus, ineptus).

JBH

Inruptus... unbroken, unsevered... I was using Whitaker's words (http://archives.nd.edu/words.html). I guess I don't get it.

Thanks for your help! I'll go with the plural "Indomitae, invictae, infragiles" (I forgot about the plurals. But hey, it's been 20 years since HS Latin!)

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I'd avoid inruptae because it means "desecrated women".
I would figure infractae to mean "unbroken" on the pattern of the other two words (they being unambiguous).

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris