Latin music

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

I've not listened to the singing. The Latin lyrics have some significant faults.

Discens Discipulus

• Patronus

Even though I’m not a religious person, I find some of the (Latin) music very beautiful.
This version of Miserere mei, Deus performed by the choir of new college, Oxford is one of my favorites:

Out of all the Gregorian chants I recently have been listening to Terra Tremuit:

For some reason I can really get into a good running phase during my cardio listening to Gregorian chants.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

For some reason I can really get into a good running phase during my cardio listening to Gregorian chants.
Strange, because it sounds more like the kind of rhythm to make you sleep than to make you run. :D

Discens Discipulus

• Patronus

Strange, because it sounds more like the kind of rhythm to make you sleep than to make you run. :D
I think it's because I'm always trying to figure out the Latin in my head while running and doing so I keep the brain busy. :D

Callaina

Feles Curiosissima

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

I think it's because I'm always trying to figure out the Latin in my head while running and doing so I keep the brain busy. :D
I tend to mentally practice Latin when I'm at the gym. Better than listening to the random tripe from the radio they have playing :D

Discens Discipulus

• Patronus

I found this version very enjoyable, it's nice to hear some females for once. :)

effi

A couple of songs I like to listen, in Latin:

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Here's a traditional Roman one:

AVGVSTA

Quantum superposition between future and antiquity
Has anyone heard of Tyrtarion? The chorus at Academia Vivarum?

They adapted quite a few samples of Latin and Greek poetry into songs; the beat of some songs follows the original meter closely. I love their adaption of Horace and Catullus 51

Ovid, Tristia 1.3.

Horace, Odes 2.19.

Horace, Odes, 3.1.

Catullus 51

Homer, Odyssey invocation

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

I've seen some of their videos. When we were reading Dido's last words in Latin class I meant to share this video of theirs with the class but I forgot to:

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I like Tyrtarion, but I think they use the same melody and rhythm in many of their songs.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Has anyone heard of Tyrtarion? The chorus at Academia Vivarum?

They adapted quite a few samples of Latin and Greek poetry into songs; the beat of some songs follows the original meter closely. I love their adaption of Horace and Catullus 51

Ovid, Tristia 1.3.

Horace, Odes 2.19.

Horace, Odes, 3.1.

Catullus 51

Homer, Odyssey invocation
Awesome, especially the first two.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Here are two others by them that I like:

AVGVSTA

Next year, we're getting a new instructor. So I plan to coerce her into adding Tyrtarion's Carmen ad Bacchum to the Christmas Concert program.

1st day of Chorus
Me(walks up with a wax tablet and lyre in hand) Salve!
Instructor:.... Hi?
Me: There was, there was, once such virtue, justice, knowledge, gravitas, servitas... in this very Republic, that we shall with a brave Bacchic hymn do it more honor than the most solemn epic! ;)

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

A hymn to the pagan god Bacchus at a Christmas concert would be sacrilegious, don't you think? :D But then again, if Hindu stuff was sung last year, that was sacrilege too.

AVGVSTA

Sacrilege indeed. but previously I've convinced a teacher to offer sacrifice to the gods before dessert on Latin Language table days. It was rice crispy treats, so we poured grape juice on an empty plate and sprinkled rice crispy shreds over it. Also, I've managed to chant the homeric hymn to Zeus with a friend before a major athletic event.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Really? Can you give more detail? That sounds very interesting. :D

AVGVSTA

Apologies for my obsession with edits.