Latin Quote on Travel?

Lysandra

Canis

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Saluete omnes!

I’m looking for a Latin quote related to travel. All that comes to mind are a few poems from Horace (Ep. 1.11) and Catullus, but they mainly have negative things to say about travel. I’ve tried searching LatinD and the web in general but haven’t found anything yet. I’m sure there are plenty of Latin travel quotes out there, but whenever I Google it all I come up with is travelling in Latin America… :brickwall2:

Thanks for any help!

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Can you tell us what sort of positive sentiments relating to travel you're hoping to find? I assume you know that people tended not to travel for recreational purposes in the ancient world.

Lysandra

Canis

• Civis Illustris

• Patrona

Hi Aurifex, thanks for the reply! Sorry I wasn't very specific about what I meant with the travel quote...I'm looking for something inspirational about discovering new things or places and how it helps a person to grow. I seem to remember reading a famous Latin quote like this somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

All that comes to mind is French: "Les voyages forment la jeunesse." I have no idea whether it may have a Latin origin somehow. I doubt it.