Local news

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Again, you won't need any luck as it's under the 9 plant threshold. If he was charged because he had one vegetative cannabis plant in his window, then I'll eat my shorts.

Surely, you mean your pants.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Yeah.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
Assuming you're referring to the UK, cannabis is illegal, even if by 'vegative state' you are referring to a growing plant. If you're charged with possession for growing a plant or plants, you can try claiming you weren't planning to make any use of their psychoactive properties, as for you they were nothing more than decorative houseplants. I can only wish you good luck with that defence, as you'll need it.

Funny ... in Germany, consuming drugs is legal. What is illegal is possessing them or selling them ... so whether you had any intent of smoking them wouldn't really matter.

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Funny ... in Germany, consuming drugs is legal. What is illegal is possessing them or selling them ... so whether you had any intent of smoking them wouldn't really matter.
It's the same here, and probably most places. If you grew cannabis without knowing what the plant was, you would still be breaking the law. Consumption is not a crime in itself, though it obviously entails possession.

The point that one might have predicted would get lost was that the law is quite clear on this, although of course police may in practice choose to ignore minor infractions. It would be unwise to count on this if you're planning to break the law.

Looks like another lad has been murdered around the corner from me this morning. That's two murders in the same road (with the girl who was strangled not so long back) plus an older lad I knew called Dean who lived on that road was murdered crossing Charlie Park returning from shops (roughly two years ago) for not giving a thug a fag and he was the nicest lad you'd ever meet.

Frightening and worrying.

That young lad did indeed die this morning from his injuries.

Guys, do not argue with thugs, just give to them what they want and walk away.

Bitmap

Civis Illustris
17 years is quite a sentence ... in Germany he would probably get only 9 or 10 years.

I'd moved off the council estate and into a bought estate long before it happened but it's still only down the road.

When I was a kid there was two gangs, the Kingstanding Young Governors aka The KYG and the Lambeth Boys. Fights consisted of straighteners involving fists mainly and no one died. Today there's lots of gangs and fights consist mainly of stabbings with the occasional murder.

If a thug asks me by for a fag, he's getting one.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens
Staff member
you'd be in the underworld soon enough

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
An acquaintance of mine died with his throat slit about ten years ago reportedly because of an argument as to who would sit in the front seat of a car. I've always thought there was probably a bit more to it than that, but maybe it was the straw that broke the camel's back or something.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Or else it was the starting point, and the murder happened after it had escalated into insults. Both men were drunk and my friend was a somewhat hot-headed guy.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
I didn't know the other guy, who was a friend of a friend.