Mediaeval Manuscript Word Guessing Tool

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I have written a word analysis tool to help guess words which are unclear in mediaeval manuscripts. Basically you enter what you can read and it will use a RegEx search of a word list and give you possible matches. You can have it analyse documents which are similar to the one you are working on, and it will create a word list from them, as well as a proximity pattern matching tool which can suggest words based on the surrounding text. Otherwise it lists words in order of frequency from the texts on thelatinlibrary.

This is what it looks like so far. I am interested in any suggestions that people might have for ways to improve it.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 09.51.29 .png

Ealdboc Aethelheall

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Looks very cool - but as a Windows user I will unfortunately not be able to run it. Would it be possible to compile this for Windows PCs?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Looks very cool - but as a Windows user I will unfortunately not be able to run it. Would it be possible to compile this for Windows PCs?
Thanks :) I have no experience with Windows programming, so I don't have any plans to try and migrate it.

Ealdboc Aethelheall

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Thanks :) I have no experience with Windows programming, so I don't have any plans to try and migrate it.
OK, thanks! I've been looking into running OSX in a virtual machine, but am not sure if Windows Virtual PC will do the trick. If I do give it a go - and it works - I will let you know.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

I have just uploaded the latest version to the Appstore. I managed to find an open-source Latin spellchecker by Karl Zeiler which I included!