Men For Others

Zetatron

I would like the phrase “Men for others” translated into Latin, please. For context: Fr. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., Superior General of the Society of Jesus from 1965 to 1981, employed the phrase “Men for Others” in a notable 1973 presentation in Valencia, Spain. Fr. Arrupe provocatively challenged the alumni of Jesuit schools and universities to be engaged in the struggle for justice to protect the needs of the most vulnerable. It’s a core value in the Jesuit community, the Society of Jesuits, and Jesuit Institutions. I would be using this translation as a part of a tattoo I’m designing and as a part of a larger school design where my son attends. Unlike other Jesuit phrases used to this day (Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam & Cura Personalis), this phrase was not traditionally translated into Latin as well as a couple more core values that I will have translated on another thread (trying to follow the rules and do one at a time!). Thank you so much in advance for any help you can offer and it’s wonderful what this community does for people. If anyone would be willing to look at a couple more phrases in this thread, I’m happy to add them to the replies. Hope to hear from you soon!

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Auditor et Discipulus
I knew only two Jesuit mottoes: "perinde ac cadaver"- "like a dead body" (that's the way they stick to the orders when they come from a superior) & "agere contra per diametrum"-to act diametrically against (the devil). It's nice to discover there's more of them.
I would translate that motto like this:
Homines pro aliis (hominibus) -Men for other (men)

Zetatron

I knew only two Jesuit mottoes: "perinde ac cadaver"- "like a dead body" (that's the way they stick to the orders when they come from a superior) & "agere contra per diametrum"-to act diametrically against (the devil). It's nice to discover there's more of them.
I would translate that motto like this:
Homines pro aliis (hominibus) -Men for other (men)
I love the mottoes they use so much. It's great to hear another person enjoys them! There's several other values associated with the Jesuit community that I was looking at possibly translating into Latin as well. One institution I work with describes them in the bold text here: Spirit of Georgetown University . I enjoy the Jesuit values even more because they are focused on caring for the "whole" person (not just yourself but all peoples) and do not overly emphasize a rigid adherence to a "religious" based approach. It's simply about educating, protecting, and caring for everyone you can without bias. Thank you very much for the translation and I hope you like the additional mottoes! I may end up making additional posts for the others at some point. This was my first post so I did not want to push too much!

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Auditor et Discipulus
Well, I generally feel more at ease with Escrivà's ideas, but I admire the Jesuit's intellectualism as well. Maybe we can translate the mottoes you post one at a time. I can help with those I can translate, there are (luckily) many members on the forum that are far better than me.