My Latin Exercise Book and Answer Key Are Out in Ebook Format

Notascooby

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Will this be available to buy as a hard copy at any point?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm mildly concerned that there is no real way for the eager Latin student to establish that this is a good exercise book, written by someone who knows what they're doing, in contrast to all the crap exercise books that are out there, or at least which I assume are out there. But if word of mouth takes off, you should be OK.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Will this be available to buy as a hard copy at any point?
I would like it to be, but it seems incredibly complicated.
there is no real way for the eager Latin student to establish that this is a good exercise book, written by someone who knows what they're doing
Well, no, for someone who doesn't know me there is no way to tell. Not much can be done about that, apart from, possibly, word of mouth (or keyboard) as you say.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

PDF download: Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open "Latin Exercise Book" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

Same for the Answer Key.

I suspect it's the .epub file extension which is the problem. Have submitted a Ticket to Contact Support which opens the Knowledge Base which is of no use.

Any idea how to open a download with an .epub file extension?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Oh what now? I'm getting seriously annoyed (not with you; with Lulu and the whole publishing process). Why does everything have to be so complicated?

I'm indeed under the impression you shouldn't expect too much (if any) help from Lulu. I submitted two or three tickets myself in the process of trying to publish my stuff, and never did get a response from a human being. I got an automated one with tons of links that didn't help, and a statement that I could reply to the email if I still needed assistance. I did that, but to no avail.

I have a thing called "Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11" with which I can open the files. I can open them with Sumatra PDF as well, though the formatting comes across less nicely there. I have no idea what the problem with Adobe Acrobat Reader is.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Ah - Just got an email from Lulu:

Wondering what happens next? Our support ticketing system will send your ticket to our small (but mighty!) group of Customer Experience advocates. We can only respond to each request as soon as humanly possible, so please be patient with us; we promise we’re not ignoring you and scrolling Twitter instead.

Dum anima est, spes est. :)

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I have a feeling Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 is the answer. Will deal with that tomorrow.

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I have windows ten and I use STDU on a daily basis. A friend gave me the installation file (.exe) so I didn't download it. I don't know where it comes from

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I have windows ten and I use STDU on a daily basis. A friend gave me the installation file (.exe) so I needn't download it. I don't know where it comes from
Thanks - It's been a tiring day - will have to wait until tomorrow, though.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Will it be available on Amazon too @Pacifica?

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 successfully. Spent an hour trying to find the wretched PDF plugin. Apparently Chrome has disabled access to the plugins. Latin Exercise Book and Answer Key still download automatically to PDF which apparently cannot open an .epub file extension. Since there appears to be no way to disable PDF I am stuck. It's a pity, but it's not the end of the world.

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

If at first . . .
Managed to uninstall PDF and install Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11 and eveyrthing is working just fine. Both books now successfully downloaded. :clapping:

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Phew! I'm glad. Sorry for (indirectly) causing you all that trouble.

Ole

Hi,
I just bought both titles: the exercises and the answer key. I find it very annoying that the two books look exactly the same when I have them in iBooks on my iPad. The covers are identical, and the titles do not appear. You have to open the book to find out which volume it is. Very confusing.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Hi,
I just bought both titles: the exercises and the answer key. I find it very annoying that the two books look exactly the same when I have them in iBooks on my iPad. The covers are identical, and the titles do not appear. You have to open the book to find out which volume it is. Very confusing.
Hi,

I'm sorry about that. I don't know how things work on an iPad. Is there perhaps a way that you can rename the files with distinctive names?