Old English/history of the English language

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Of course, but I'm not French, you know.

Tomer

Tradition has it that we, middle-easterners, have not yet completely adapted to the western convention that stands behind looking in the rearview mirror while driving. Is it anything to do with that notion of yours, to marry only one woman at a time? :puzzled:

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Imber Ranae

Ranunculus Iracundus

• Civis Illustris

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Yeah, I remember that, but for some unexplainable reason I thought it was a joke...

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

That must be the Belgian sense of humour.

It's hard to take swipes at the Belgians, though. According to what I read on the web, they're even worse drivers than the French, but I hadn't noticed. OK, I've only been in cities, but I remember Paris as being sheer terror, and not only because of the cars, whereas Brussels was merely surreal.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

As far as I'm aware, I'm female and always have been. But transitioning is the new black, and so easy on the internet. Time for a new avatar.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

It seems to me there have been more and more women that have become active members.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

ƿilcume!

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Big Horn

I found this little book a few months ago. While it's neither a tool for learning Old English nor an exhaustive resource on that language it is an excellent overview of OE and its Germanic contemporaries. I don't know what is going on with current prices; I paid $13.50 plus $4.25 shipping for a hardback. There are other sellers; I linked to Amazon for the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804714541/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1