Pathetic Mistranslations

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

For the inauguration of Pope Francis in 2013 the Vatican made a coin with the Latin word Iesus (Jesus) misspelled as Lesus. The six thousand coins were later recalled. :applause:
@Terry S.
Lesus.jpg

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

For the inauguration of Pope Francis in 2013 the Vatican made a coin with the Latin word Iesus (Jesus) misspelled as Lesus. The six thousand coins were later recalled. :applause:
@Terry S.
View attachment 19669
The Italian Minting Institute made about 6,000 of the "Lesus" medals and retrieved all but three or four, according to media reports, which means a few folks are holding onto some pretty valuable mistakes..

Probably worth millions to some collectors!

Terry S.

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

Probably worth millions to some collectors!
Definitely! It's the only thing with Frankie's fizog on it that I wish I had.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Love conquers all! This shirt declares your love. You've now found the staple t-shirt of your wardrobe. It's made of 100% ring-spun cotton and is soft and comfy. The double stitching on the neckline and sleeves add more durability to what is sure to be a favorite!
1653901421686.png

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Love that sig, Adrian! :D
Ever heard this one?
"Don Pedro Makutas Posampas"

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

That one's not really wrong. I would have said dominus, but magister still makes some sense. It could mean one who's in charge of the universe as a magister navis is in charge of his ship, or as a magister equitum is in charge of the cavalry, etc.