Pave Thy Way to the Heavenly Star

bitteromega

Hi, I need a natural Latin translation of the line, “Pave thy way to the heavenly star,” for a fantasy book I'm writing. I have no knowledge in Latin so I was hoping you could help me with this.

As for context, this line intended as a command issued by an authoritative figure/a deity to its followers. In fact, this is a sacred line of among the followers. This is why I used the word “thy.” Since archaic forms of “you” have commonly used in literature when referring to religion, I thought it suits better.

For example, in Garden of Love by William Blake: “And Thou shalt not. writ over the door.”

This is also the case with the word “heavenly.” It doesn't refer to the “heaven” in Christianity; I used it to create the sense of holiness.

I intended “pave way” as a more formal way of saying, “make way.” There isn't literally a “way” to a star. So it doesn't have to be strict; it can be anything as “find a way” or “find a method,” etc. I merely used it because that particular string of words rhymes better together and sound more formal.

For example, if “Find a way to the sacred star” rhymes better in Latin than “Pave thy way to the heavenly star,” then that's what I need. It just have to sound like a command and formal—enough to include in a religious text, perhaps. Basically what I need is a lyrical, formal, Latin phrase that conveys this message.

That's it. Please let me know if you need more clarification on this regards. It'd be such a great help if you could translate this for me. Thank you.

Agrippa

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hi, I need a natural Latin translation of the line, “Pave thy way to the heavenly star,”
I think your line is absolutely worthy of versification! ;)

Viam munito celsa caeli ad sidera.

Verbatim: Thou shalt pave thy way to the majestic stars of heaven.

It's a iambic senarius including alliteration celsa caeli .

Last edited:

bitteromega

I think your line is absolutely worthy of versification! ;)

Viam munito celsa caeli ad sidera.

Verbatim: Thou shalt pave thy way to the majestic stars of heaven.

It's a iambic senarius including alliteration celsa caeli .
Thank you. This helps a lot.