Please use the "like" feature

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

It sounds like a good idea. Even better if we could limit its use to CIs. I don't know how to do it though.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

(This sequence of thoughts is not directly related to any specific post.)

My first thought was: would culling long-departed members, whose posts equal nought or one, free up any significant amount of space? If you end up with Registered Members showing, as I often seem to do, it's like walking through a graveyard. I'm sure Iohannes Aurum (?) and others were talking about this at some point.

My second thought has nothing to do with anything here, but was prompted by the first: is there an obvious way to make use of the Registered Members list that I'm missing? I'm sure (Emily) enjoys her notoriety, but if I'm trying to think of, say, that one-off member whose name began with a C, or maybe a K, I can't see how to get to the relevant letter and see if anything jogs my memory. The best I can do is change the page number in the address bar, but that takes a lot of tedious guesswork.

My third thought was whether to ask if anyone else, on seeing the thread title for the first time, was intrigued by the idea of some previously overlooked class of posters, who hadn't been receiving likes, and deserved to. Or perhaps they didn't, but pretending they did might encourage them to become more likeworthy. And then it turned out to be one of those technical issues.

My fourth thought is how the amount of space this thread is taking up compares to that of the confirms, etc. in recent months. I started to count them, but of course Search brings up far more than I want, and I got bored. Pity, because it's the kind of thing a computer could do in microseconds, and even enjoy.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

My third thought was whether to ask if anyone else, on seeing the thread title for the first time, was intrigued by the idea of some previously overlooked class of posters, who hadn't been receiving likes, and deserved to.
Not me in any case.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

That's why I decided not to ask in the end. It would be embarrassing when people started to sidle away, looking worried.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Attention, attention, everyone! If you want free likes, just come post on this thread. Impy is giving out likes freely. (Oops, I guess this may not do good to our issue of lack of space for posting. Still, I couldn't help.)

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I don't hand out likes like Halloween candy and I do occasionally use the Like button.

I take a good look at each post and if they fancy me, I like them.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

How many gigabytes is the forum taking at the moment? I'm just asking because, since it's certainly an annoyance, gigabytes (or well, terrabytes) become cheaper and cheaper each year (though I know and quite understand that the forum is expensive enough already as it is).

(something unpopular follows)
A more effective solution: close temporarily the games subforum :p

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

And so Godmy's post will end up the only one in the thread not to have been liked, I surmise.