Please use the "like" feature

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I suppose it's a way to get hold of people's posts before they've been neurotically edited and blackmail them about it later, if you don't happen to have been around to catch it at the time.
Why hello there, Satan.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

'Unlike' as a verb didn't really exist before the specific internet sense, did it? (A couple of examples of it meaning 'displease' in the 14th century notwithstanding.)

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Do people use it because they have changed their mind, or because they clicked it by mistake?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I use it because I've clicked by mistake, and then worry that the poster will receive an alert that I've liked it, notice I've withdrawn it, and subsequently hate me forever.

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

In the second case you could have another option: "re vera numquam placuit".
At the moment I have Abduc Approbationem, but even that is a bit long...

I have changed the reply link to an infinitive. Does that look better? If we put volo after it, all the buttons and links will get pretty long.

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

I like how it looks now.

I think infinitives would work in general, like mittere responsum (or respondere?), indicare, observare conloquium.

Aurifex

Aedilis

• Aedilis

• Patronus

At the moment I have Abduc Approbationem, but even that is a bit long...

I have changed the reply link to an infinitive. Does that look better? If we put volo after it, all the buttons and links will get pretty long.
I think the infinitive is probably the best option in many cases. I don't think volo is necessary.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I was going to say something about only the French doing the j'aime thing, but I thought I ought to see if this was in fact the case. It looks as though there are a variety of ways of treating it (Dutch just says 'nice', for instance), but one thing that surprised me was that there doesn't appear to be a German-language version of Facebook. Another was that there is a Latin one. You're all going to have fun quibbling, aren't you?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

It looks as though there are a variety of ways of treating it (Dutch just says 'nice', for instance), but one thing that surprised me was that there doesn't appear to be a German-language version of Facebook.
süß ?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Whilst everyone is so infused with enthusiasm: How about "Upload a File", "More Options", "Inbox"?

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

plus optionis or plus optionum?

Go to first unread?

Imperfacundus

Reprobatissimus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Looking through the definitions for optio, it seems to mean 'ability to choose' rather than a specific choice.

Legere primum illectorum, maybe ?