Pronunciation of unscripted latin speech

interprete

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Hello,

I have found on youtube a few examples of impressive readings of classical works using the restored classical pronunciation with due account taken of quantities, elisions and so on. I'm wondering if there are any such examples for off-the-cuff, non-scripted speech?
Most of the people who speak fluent latin on youtube without reading notes don't seem to care much for "proper" pronunciation (if that's a thing), so do you know anyone around youtube who can speak off the cuff while preserving vowel lengths, elisions, nazalisations, etc. (as opposed to simply reading a text out loud where you can dedicate all your brain power to pronunciation)?

Thanks.

B

Bitmap

We have a games thread on this forum: THREAD: our-oral-latin-conversation
... where people send each other sound files with freely spoken Latin ... and, I suppose, with varying degrees of accuracy in pronunciation ... Although getting the pronunciation right is not top priority (as long as you can be understood).

There is also this thread: THREAD: let-us-hear-and-analyse-each-others-latin-pronunciation
... but this one is more about reading out Latin to really get the pronunciation right.

Generally speaking, @Godmy seems to be pretty good at getting Latin pronunciation right, even in free speech.

I find it pretty hard to preserve all elisions when speaking Latin ... I usually only do it with short vowels (if at all) like ant'annos, atqu'ill, nequ'ulla, splendoremqu'habet ...

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Hello,

I have found on youtube a few examples of impressive readings of classical works using the restored classical pronunciation with due account taken of quantities, elisions and so on. I'm wondering if there are any such examples for off-the-cuff, non-scripted speech?
Have you looked at Latinitium? Daniel Pettersson is excellent. Scorpio Martialis is also good. He has a podcast called Legio XIII. If you are willing to accept a lesser standard there is also Auditiunculae ;)

Tironis

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

World news from Finland in Latin - not quite the latest news, but still . . . :)