Raise hell with words.

Abraham Raju

Hey everyone,
Phrase :Raise hell with words.
Context : I'm president of a debating society in my college and decided that it'd be great if we could have a tagline.
I came across the phrase from virgil,also quoted by signmund freud -
'Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo',which I believe transalates to

'If I cannot move Heaven, I will raise Hell.'

I loved the last phrase -and since we're debaters,'raise hell with words'-is actually quite applicable to us.If it can expressed in a way where it becomes a pun-which can mean either create chaos (hell)with words and also influence (move) hell with words that'd be amazing!

I've heard that latin needs to be gender specific-but since this tagline is one for a group or a society,does it matter?If so,it would be alright if it's masculine.
Thank you!

Dantius

Homo Sapiens

• Civis Illustris

Is "raise" a command to one person, a command to several people, or just an idea (like "to raise hell...")?

Abraham Raju

An idea more rather.It could mean to rouse hell or influence hell etc like he original Latin phrase I am borrowing from. An Accurate translation is not necessary,but somewhere along the same lines as 'raise hell with words'
Thanks!

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

Assuming you indeed want the idea and want to adapt the quote from Virgil:

movere Acheronta verbis.

'Moving (raising) the Acheron (hell) with words', understanding something like 'is what we do'.

Abraham Raju

Thank you so much!
Is there any other equivalent word I could substitute movere for?
I was also wondering whether I could use inferno (hell) instead of acheronta ..how would the phrase change if both or either one are taken into account?

AoM

nulli numeri

• Civis Illustris

tollere inferna verbis.