remember more then you'd like to forget

A

Anonymous

First of all i would like to ask if anyone has actually bought a translation before online ? I want to get a tattoo of somthing my girlfriend is gonna write and im scared im gonna get somthing that doesn't mean what i want it to mean . Ive tryed several free sites and i get wierd answers . Can anyone help me out with this line ? Thanks in Advance .

remember more then you'd like to forget

memor magis tunc you'd amo ut alieno < --- is what i got

thanks again :D

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

Re: Translation Please

riot dixit:
Ive tryed several free sites and i get wierd answers .
Do you mean automatic translators? Those often/always border on terrible.

I've never bought a translation online so I cannot suggest you anything unfortunately.

A

Anonymous

I've looked at the same things as well. Here are two sites I found and am thinking about trying, but haven't yet.

This one is $18 for a translation of less than 25 words (I think), and they claim Angelina Jolie used their translation service for her tattoo:
http://www.latin.fsbusiness.co.uk/page6.htm

I can't remember how much this one is, but I think they will send you a quote for what you want translated. You can send a quote request via email. I sent mine 02/20/06 but haven't received an answer as of today:
http://www.traditio.com/latin.htm

Good luck! If you use either of these, let us know how they work. :lol:

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

floydfixx dixit:
If you use either of these, let us know how they work. :lol:
hee hee. Well, if they are certified translators it should turn out ok. But I'd like to know how they translate this phrase too.

A

Anonymous

Did you mean this as imperative (i.e., telling someone to remember)?

In this case here's my attempt: memora amplius quam oblivisci vis.

The (automatic?) translation you got was terrible

basically means " more happyness then sadness " like your telling yourself or someone else Remember more then you'd like to forget.

thanks to everyone :D