Status Thread

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Jæja. But it's nice when you genuinely like the language.

So I'm guessing the usage above is something along the lines of 'what's new' or 'tell me about it'. It has quite a number of meanings hinged on context by the looks of things, jæja!

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Jæja, lol.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
I've been in it for almost a year. I was making my way slowly through the sagas, but I lost it. I'm coming back to it finally.

Pacifica

grammaticissima
Staff member
Nescio quo modo, lectis Quasi litteris Latinis credebam me in eo filo esse quod "Litterae Diurnae" inscribitur, et paene Issacum puerum improbum vocatura eram, qui illic Anglice scriberet. Deinde vidi me non in illo filo esse.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
Lol.

Quasus

Civis Illustris
Ignoscite, carissimi sodales. :) Non mediocrem enim voluptatem ex eo capio, quod in foro nostro sine metu ubilibet Latine scribere convenit.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens
Staff member
There is a Certamen tournament at the end of September. It is supposed to be harder than average. I am looking forward to it. At the National convention that was a couple weeks ago I did quite well on the tests but we only got 3rd place in Certamen. The questions in finals were easy enough that pretty much every team knew every question but we got outbuzzed a lot.

There is a Certamen tournament at the end of September. It is supposed to be harder than average. I am looking forward to it. At the National convention that was a couple weeks ago I did quite well on the tests but we only got 3rd place in Certamen. The questions in finals were easy enough that pretty much every team knew every question but we got outbuzzed a lot.
Might sound daft but maybe you need to work on reflexes as a team, I bet other teams do.

Dantius

Homo Sapiens
Staff member
Might sound daft but maybe you need to work on reflexes as a team, I bet other teams do.
Yeah, this year I'm considering having us play some super easy rounds against our coach who is very fast in order to work on pure speed. A lot of it is not a reflexes thing so much as a mental thing – being confident about buzzing very early on.

Yeah, this year I'm considering having us play some super easy rounds against our coach who is very fast in order to work on pure speed. A lot of it is not a reflexes thing so much as a mental thing – being confident about buzzing very early on.
Yes it would be a good tactic to utilize in easier rounds. Almost like playing a percentage game of risking the odd hit to dominate the buzzer.

And so to bed and to my old pal, Sam. August was hot and the weekly body count for London is in the thousands. Imagine that.

Thus this month ends with great sadness upon the publick, through the greatness of the plague every where through the kingdom almost. Every day sadder and sadder news of its encrease. In the City died this week 7,496 and of them 6,102 of the plague. But it is feared that the true number of the dead, this week is near 10,000; partly from the poor that cannot be taken notice of, through the greatness of the number, and partly from the Quakers and others that will not have any bell ring for them.

31/08/65

Unable to paint yet due to awaiting pinking of plaster. I've done a bit of grammar. The house is empty (bar me) and deathly silent.

Time to reward myself with a bit of luting.

Terry S.

scurra
Staff member
Ya gotta love spontaneous tmesis!