Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

I got this:

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] User latindco_latinxf already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

1. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 28
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 60
  3. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php at line 113
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 516
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 494
  6. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 138
  7. XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 83
  8. XF\DataRegistry->get() in src/XF/DataRegistry.php at line 226
  9. XF\DataRegistry->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 1644
  10. XF\App->XF\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 28
  11. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2158
  12. XF\App->setupAddOnComposerAutoload() in src/XF/App.php at line 1743
  13. XF\App->setup() in src/XF/Pub/App.php at line 89
  14. XF\Pub\App->setup() in src/XF.php at line 363
  15. XF::setupApp() in src/XF.php at line 386
  16. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Then both the .org and .com domains remained inaccessible for a few minutes. Now I've just been able to log in to the .com, but the .org still doesn't work.
The forum seems overwhelmed right now. It may be because the bots started to view the ORG domain simultaneously en masse + it's Sunday night... I didn't get this thing, so it hasn't been limiting me. Hard to say if I can raise the cap... the server should be able to handle it, the question is if our traffic isn't too big at the moment.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I was using .com, so tried .org, which reverted back to the non-functioning .com. Then I got a 503 message.

In the middle of an edit, which of course is the worst thing that can happen, because if you simply go away and do other things, people will see the unedited post when the forum returns.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Anyway, the host has restarted our server, because in order to try to correct the previous problem, another problem was brought which required the restart, hence the downtime... what was the initial cause, I'm still unsure. But it seems we may not be at fault...

Last edited:
E

Etaoin Shrdlu

One of the posts that was deleted asked for reassurance that LCF hadn't hacked Godmy's account. It was a joke.

Now I think LCF has hacked Godmy's account. It isn't a joke any more.

I started this thread, Godmy. If you want another for prigs with a cactus up their arse, I'd request that you start your own -- as, indeed, you have done, in SR.

Yes, I know you are a fucking moderator. Like everyone else here, I appreciate the enormous effort you've put into keeping us alive and thriving. But it helps if you don't drive away members.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I've thought about editing my post, because I really like Godmy. But there is a point of principle here, so while I don't want to piss him off, I'm not going to back down from what I've said. Several people were having a conversation. And then suddenly one of them says, 'Right, that's enough of that. From now on you'll talk about what I say you can,' and the whole record vanishes.

This is certainly a strange thing that has happened here, so well within the remit of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.