Strange Things that happen here

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I've asked it for today's racing results, but it refuses to answer.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I succeeded, to my own surprise, in uploading one photo from my phone. Since then the same procedure has generated a variety of idiosyncratic errors.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

If you set your phone browser to “website mode”, you can upload pictures.

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

These last few days, pictures posted on the forum and even sometimes, but to a much lesser extent, the forum list, have been slow to load for me. Have others been experiencing the same thing or is the problem on my end?

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I'm not sure there's a relation between the oddities of this website and your haemorrhoids.

I just clicked on Mark Forums Read, but either because the site is slow or my computer is possessed by demons, there was a lag (not uncommon for me with no particular pattern on several sites). This gave me time to see that there was in fact a thread I wanted to open, so I clicked on it while the computer was dithering. The thread did in fact load, but also an Oops! message about the response not being JSON.

B

Bitmap

Maybe the server had already received your input, but you just failed to load the updated version of the site.

B

Bitmap

The forum mistakenly told me Adrian had quoted my post, just as it mistakenly told Terry I had quoted his earlier.
There seem to be a few occasional bugs with the quoting function today?!

That's weird because it's been working fine so far.

E

Etaoin Shrdlu

I have a new computer, and couldn't remember my password for this site, so requested a new one. I never received it, and am guessing it's a similar problem to the new registrations and notifications. I did track down my old password, so don't need it now, but thought I'd mention it.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Yeah, it weirded me out too

B

Bitmap

I sometimes don't get notified when somebody tags me by my name. Does that happen to other people as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.