Symbols

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

These are all typical heraldic symbols (heraldry is a hobby of mine). Pictured above on the stone tablet is a true "Cross Maltese". Adrian's crosses are both examples of "Cross Patee", with the Eisernes Kreutz simply being a Cross Patee with a type of embellishment called, variously, an orle or a tressure (this example is probably an orle, as a tressure tends to be quite narrow...really just a line).
Ok thank you.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

Floral [wreath/ chaplet] Polish "Wianek"
In slavic culture symbol of innocence and virginity ; worn by girls and umarried maidens
Interesting ancectode I read (apparently after Gall Anonymous) - during the wedding ceremony of prince Mieszko I and princess Dobrava, there was an awkward and somewhat hilarious situation - Princess Dobrava was wearing a floral wreath however guests couldn't help but notice that she was in advanced pregnancy stage. Mieszko ! You son of a gun :angel-halo: :evilruler:

1619720978866.png

Last edited:

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

...during the wedding ceremony of prince Mieszko I and princess Dobrava, there was an awkward and somewhat hilarious situation - Princess Dobrava was wearing a floral wreath however guest couldn't help but notice that she was in advanced pregnancy stage. Mieszko ! You son of a gun :angel-halo: :evilruler:
Like Mel Brooks once said: "It's good to be the king!" Apparently, this applies to the future king, as well...

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

That reminds me of, has the same spirit as a couple of family mottoes that I have encountered: Irish Clan Monaghan's felis demulcta mitis ("the stroked cat is calm"), and touch not the cat bot a glove (Scots English for "do not touch the cat without a glove") of the Scottish Clan MacPherson.
I actually learned these from a video game.

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

For Honor. Pacifica actually might remember me mentioning this. Almost two years ago, I think, I was playing For Honor and unlocked the Scottish character, Highlander. Although he mostly/only spoke Icelandic (supposed to be Old Norse).

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

For Honor. Pacifica actually might remember me mentioning this. Almost two years ago, I think, I was playing For Honor and unlocked the Scottish character, Highlander. Although he mostly/only spoke Icelandic (supposed to be Old Norse).
Ah.... I have actually never played any video games, apart from those found in gaming arcades and other entertainment venues; home gaming is unknown to me. I do have a friend, Will, who is quite deeply into it, and he has just started playing a game which is the only to have ever intrigued me. It is called Ark, the Art of Survival, or some such name, and I am actually thinking of joining him on it; joining his "tribe".

Issacus Divus

H₃rḗǵs h₁n̥dʰéri diwsú

• Civis Illustris

Ah.... I have actually never played any video games, apart from those found in gaming arcades and other entertainment venues; home gaming is unknown to me. I do have a friend, Will, who is quite deeply into it, and he has just started playing a game which is the only to have ever intrigued me. It is called Ark, the Art of Survival, or some such name, and I am actually thinking of joining him on it; joining his "tribe".
Arcades are the best :thumb-up:

Ark is a cool game, I agree.

Adrian

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I thought it was a symbol related to some truck drivers union, because I see it every time I "check the plumbing" in a motorway service area.
I had a delivery from Lanfer company I think trucks from Lanfer Logistics have logo similar to valknut. Maybe this is what's you saw:no-clue:

Last edited:

EstQuodFulmineIungo

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I had a delivery from Lanfer company I think trucks from Lanfer Logistics have logo similar to valknut. Maybe this is what's you saw
I've first seen it in a motorway service area on a toilet door with that symbol on it and a bawdy rhyme underneath. And, don't ask me why because I don't know, I generally use always the same toilet so I see this symbol.

Qui si entra e poi si laga
si fa un passo e poi si caga
e se il tempo non lo nega
ci si fa pure una sega
I'd rather not translate it,though.