Transfer complete

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

The bbcode formatting for lists is not as good as good as before. Can this be fixed?

We used to be able to do stuff like:
Code:
[list=a]...
[list=i]...
[list=1]...
[list=A]...

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

The bbcode formatting for lists is not as good as good as before. Can this be fixed?

We used to be able to do stuff like:
Code:
[list=a]...
[list=i]...
[list=1]...
[list=A]...
I think that may be doable. It's a little more difficult to change the hard-coded BBcodes than to implement new ones, but I'm sure something can be done.

Godmy

Sīmia Illūstris

• Censor

Another suggestion: What about giving members who have passed, let's say 50 posts, a different colour of the nickname?
Because now we can't see instantly (without clicking) the post count and for a quick-look the people without avatar (but already having hundreds of lines written) mix too easily with those who has joined just to get some translation et cetera.
Or maybe different generic avatar for 50 posts+ and different for less than fifty posts.

But the nick colour would be neat and wouldn't mix with one's ability to add a custom avatar and still indicate his state on this forum.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Another suggestion: What about giving members who have passed, let's say 50 posts, a different colour of the nickname?
Because now we can't see instantly (without clicking) the post count and for a quick-look the people without avatar (but already having hundreds of lines written) mix too easily with those who has joined just to get some translation et cetera.
Or maybe different generic avatar for 50 posts+ and different for less than fifty posts.

But the nick colour would be neat and wouldn't mix with one's ability to add a custom avatar and still indicate his state on this forum.
I have to agree. It is hard to tell the difference between a new member and an established member without making an extra click per member.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus

I will today, though. Finally days off :)
My perception of what constitutes a day is majorly flawed, but the Pompeiians have been installed now.

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

What is the maximum file size? I’ve just tried to upload some MP3s, and it failed.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

I had set it to 2MB. I just bumped it to 3.

Did you have a single attachment that large, or a few attachments that exceeded that when combined?

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

I have a series of 13 lectures, each about 25MB. Yeah, it’s excessive.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Wow. Well, I can't imagine spammers using our upload system... pour vous, I shall bump it up to 30MB.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I support the increase in maximum upload size to 30MB. Any more than that, spammers would begin uploading here. If you need to upload videos, use YouTube.

Manus Correctrix

QVAE CORRIGIT

• Civis Illustris

Wow. Well, I can't imagine spammers using our upload system... pour vous, I shall bump it up to 30MB.
Thanks.

The upload keeps failing at 60%-100%. :-(

cinefactus

Censor

• Censor

• Patronus

Have we lost the pink banner on posting?
Is it possible to put ghosted out suggestions in the title and text box?

Matthaeus

Vemortuicida strenuus

• Civis Illustris

• Patronus

Quando istum colorem mutabimus album?

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Workin' on it. Apparently running into syntax errors. I assume you know a little PHP - do you have any idea how to expand this to include all methods?

PHP:
if ($parent && !in_array($parent->tagName(), array('ol', 'ul')))
I tried to do this:

PHP:
if ($parent && !in_array($parent->tagName(), array('ol', 'ul', 'ol style="list-style-type: lower-alpha"', 'ol style="list-style-type: upper-alpha"', 'ol style="list-style-type: lower-roman", 'ol style="list-style-type: upper-roman")))
Unfortunately, that crashes the page load and prevents us from viewing topics. I imagine that it either doesn't like the spaces or the double quotes - I don't want to experiment while there are users online, though.

This isn't the only line that needs to be changed, but the solution to this will make the other changes obvious.

EDIT: Syntax highlighting pointed out a very obvious error on my part - I didn't close one of the single-quotes. It's what I get for not editing in VIM.

I need to make a run to town, then I'll try the improved script. Still, comments are invited.

MERGED

It's functional on the markup side. All the special lists currently appear as 1, 2, 3 &c., but a quick look at the page source will show that my changes worked.

• foo
  • bar

Now, with a couple of CSS changes, the changes will become visible.

Edit: The problem isn't with the CSS. It's the closing tag x_x

Let me figure this out.

MERGED

This probably won't display correctly yet, as there are still some small issues to resolve. But, when it does, you will know it is ready.

• lorem
  • ipsum
  1. dolor
  2. sit
  • amet
  • consectetur
  • adipiscing
  • elit
  • curabitur
  • et
  • est
  • lorem

MERGED

Excuse me while I profusely bash my head in. The parser expects the inline CSS to appear both in the opening and closing tags, meaning that it breaks them when editing or replying. Still, I am making progress - all of the codes show up correctly in the WSIWYG editor. I just need to work my way around this problem...

Gah! 12:21! I'll ponder this while I'm at work tomorrow.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Note: Don't use lists at all until I give the go-ahead. It turns out that certain actions with these things currently have the net effect of a DoS attack. This will result in irate monkeys breaking your car windows with overripe coconuts. Or, at least a few irritated members, which can seem about the same.

Nikolaos

schmikolaos

• Censor

Eureka. Nudus tamen per vias non curram hoc factum. It can wait until after work.

Why am I awake? -_-

Matthæe: placet Akelae albus color. Litterae super album colorem semper imponentur, sed aliorum omnes colorum mutare licet.

Akela

sum

• Princeps Senatus