What are you listening to? (music)

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I've no idea on your tastes other than your supposed dislike for the 17th century Dutch Still Life movement.
I don't recall saying that. Could you point me to the relevant post?

My post was a joke, after you edited your post to add Couperin's initial. It implied that I read it as standing for the word 'fuck', as it coften does when someone is reluctant to write out the word in full. I could perhaps have made this more obvious by adding something along the lines of 'this is a deliberate misinterpretation in the interest of humour', but I thought it might lose something if I did so.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
This song is played on the radio in my workplace quite often
That's a dancey little number. I like the vintage EP at 1:33, and the driving muted guitar riff is right after the manner of New Order's Peter "Hooky" Hook, so I have no choice but to give it 6 hotdogs out of 10 hamburgers.

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Speaking of New Order:

Hemo Rusticus

J. Wellington Wimpy
Gadzooks, that's an absolute dime...

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
Well, vanitas is of the Dutch Still Life movement (17th c.), that might jog your memory.
Ah, OK. I seem to remember when I adopted this avatar, you asked me if I had any particular affinity for the movement, and I said I didn't. Perhaps in other contexts that could have been seen as meaning I disliked it, but given that I've had the avatar longer than any other, I'm not sure why you've drawn that conclusion. All I meant was that it wasn't something I had any level of expertise in, even on the level of fandom.

Fair enough, I wasn't 100% anyway hence my caveating with 'supposed'. I think you used a term like 'arty farty' when I asked you your thoughts but that in itself is not a declaration of dislike so I'll retract it.

So do you like any composers, artists from the baroque period?

Etaoin Shrdlu

Civis Illustris
I think you used a term like 'arty farty' when I asked you your thoughts but that in itself is not a declaration of dislike so I'll retract it.
That doesn't really sound like the sort of thing I'd say, at least not in this instance.

So do you like any composers, artists from the baroque period?
Well, there's Bach, and then there's everything else (not just Baroque). But you can't beat a good piece of counterpoint, can you?

You might be right as I can't seem to find the exchange in the search box option.

Just out of curiosity, are some sections of the forum not accessible via the search box?

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ
I think so. It's messed up.

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ

Issacus Divus

ᛋᚢᚾᚢ ᚱᛖᛟᚱᛞᚲᚤᚾᛁᚾᚷᚨᛋ