"World leaders"

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I just haven't looked in detail at the later suggestions yet (of which there are many), since this was for a composition assignment which I have already submitted ;). I will say that I'm not familiar with capum -- where are you getting that from?
Ah, I see.
Capum was given on Wiktionary as a Vulgar Latin form (perhaps I should have used the asterisk). A link to its own page can be found on the Wiktionary caput page, and there is an attestation given there.

This translation presents quite an interesting and thorny little semantic problem, though. Trying to think "outside the box", in the case of *capum way outside the box, for suggestions.

Last edited:

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

I do like the alliteration of praefecti/principes politiarum, but politia seems pretty rare in Classical Latin.
Yeah, alliteration is always nice, isn't it? Politia is, indeed, rare in Classical, but Cicero uses it twice in De Divinatione, according to PHI texts.

Michael Zwingli

Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris

@EstQuodFulmineIungo, I haven't heard from Etaoin lately, and am starting to suspect he might be a little "p'd off", since people were jumping on him a bit last time I saw him on here (as I'm sure you remember). Perhaps one of us should reach out to him, remind him that he is a valued member?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

Etaoin is female.

And I'm not sure she needs any reassuring. She's been involved in worse arguments.